PHP 5.6.0 Final Release Released
Today, August 28, the PHP development team announced the release of version 5.6.0!
The main innovations of PHP 5.6.0:
- Scalar Expressions in Constants
- Functions with a Variable Number of Arguments Using an Operator
- Exponentiation operator
- Import functions and constants using the use keyword
- The kernel includes an interactive phpdbg debugger .
- Php: // input reuse allowed , and $ HTTP_RAW_POST_DATA deprecated
- GMP objects now support operator overloading
- Support for uploading files larger than 2 GB
For a complete list of new features, see the migration guide .
Changes affecting compatibility with previous versions:
- When defining an array as a class property, the keys of the array will not be overwritten by array literals.
- json_decode () is more strict on syntax when parsing JSON.
- When using SSL / TLS, stream wrappers by default verify certificates and host names.
- GMP resources are now objects.
- Mcrypt functions require valid keys and vectors.
- For those who wish to upgrade from PHP 5.5, a complete migration guide with detailed changes between 5.5 and 5.6.0 .
- Sources for download are available here and here (windows) .
- ChangeLog with a complete list of changes.
About PHP 5.6 in Russian: