Collaboration and access rights in DentalTap
Collaboration and access rights architecture is one of the key tasks for developing cloud services. How we implemented them in the dental automation service DentalTap is not an entirely standard approach.
In our understanding, the DentalTap collaboration is an opportunity to work on performing tasks in the service environment together with regular or external colleagues with different roles. We have implemented roles according to the functional duties of the clinic staff - the clinic administrator, doctor, manager. The priority for us was the ease of setting permissions.
The current implementation of the joint work was influenced by the features of the market and the first versions of the product, which were focused on solo practices (cabinets at home) and gradually developed into a solution for clinics.
- In collaboration, use the roles of full-time, freelance or contractor employees.
- Implement the rights to work through the entities of the architecture of the service and operations on them - viewing, editing, deleting, etc.
AmoCRM focus on entities and settings for working with them.
The owner invites colleagues to his subscription through invites, and the invited employee gets the opportunity to work in the guest account and become the owner of his own subscription. When entering the service, the visiting doctor can choose which subscription to work with.
Further, the subscription owner can assign roles to invited employees or configure access rights manually. Permissions of operations of deleting, editing, creating we implemented only for the patient's card, which contains the main functionality of the service. In other words,. through access to the patient's card, we administer and access to the main functionality of the patient's card — treatment, bills, files, and documents.
Allowing employee access to a patient
Other rights settings in DentalTapcomes down only to the resolution of work and concerns only the functionality rendered for the patient's card - work with the calendar, tasks, price list, SMS templates.
Configuring the rights to work with the patient's card
It is important that we work together on two levels - through the general settings of access rights and by allowing the access to the patient by the subscriber. As a result, the invited employee:
- Whether or not the patient is listed.
- Can view or edit his map.
- Differentiated among specialists patient base
- Organization of joint work by the staff of clinics and practitioners.
- Restriction to the main functionality of the service through access to the patient's card.
- Realization of virality through the automatic creation of an additional subscription.
- Product versatility for private doctors and clinics.
- Simplify the process and logic of setting permissions.
The main conclusion is that we showed how you can do important functionality in non-standard ways and this will greatly simplify the lives of the users of your solutions. We approached the administration of work rights for entities located in the patient's card through the permission of operations on them and the permission to work with the card. This approach simplifies setting up permissions if you need to assign the same access rights to several entities. It turned out, use.
→ “Hi, SaaS” series