Unlocked bootloader for Sensation and Evo 3d
On Friday night, unrevoked and AlphaRev released S-Off (bootloader without locks) on Sensation, Evo 3D and Flyer.
This means that now you can install custom firmware on these devices and generally change the contents of any system partitions as you wish.
At the moment, this solution is in beta test, to start you need to get the key on the download page. The key is based on the serial number of the device. According to the author, this is done to be able to stop the program in case of mass failures.
Everything worked perfectly on my HTC Sensation from MTS.
1. Download from the home archive for your OS
2. Download the driver for FastBoot
3. Install the driver. HTC Sync if it should be turned off.
4. On the smartphone, turn on USB debugging mode
5. Connect the smart to Big Brother
6. Run the program from the archive downloaded in the first step.
7. On the download page from the first step, generate a key using the data that appears in the program window.
8. The received key is inserted into the program.
9. After several reboots of the unit, we are happy with the received S-Off and do not forget to press “Y” to set the recovery.
This solution works on:
HTC Desire (bravo) 0.93.0001
HTC Desire CDMA (bravoc) 1.06.0000
HTC Wildfire (buzz) 1.01.0001
HTC Aria (liberty) 1.02.0000
HTC Incredible S (vivo) 1.09.0000 and 1.13.0000
HTC Droid Incredible 2 (vivow) 0.97.0000
HTC Desire S (saga) 0.98.0000 and 0.98 .0002
HTC View (express) 1.09.0000 and 1.13.0000
HTC Flyer (flyer) 1.10.0000
HTC Sensation (pyramid) 1.17.0006, .0008, .0011 and .0012
HTC Evo 3D (shooter) 1.30.0000 and 1.40 .0000
To get root rights, you need to flash SuperUser through the recovery .
Personally, I am now looking forward to CyanogenMod 7 for Sensation with great impatience. =)