Battery HTC Evo saved the life of a parking attendant from Atlanta
John Garber, a National Parking employee hired by the Halo nightclub, was displeased by two visitors after one of them was kicked out of the club. They shot John in the chest, but, fortunately for him, Evo lay in the breast pocket of his jacket. Although the glass of the phone broke, the battery took over most of the impact of the bullet and thereby saved John from death.
Intact, but not yet fully conscious, John promised that he would never buy a phone from another manufacturer. He told his boss at National Parking that he owed him a new cell phone.
Video of the Associated Press under the cut.