Yandex Summer Machine Translation School
- From RSS
From July 11 to July 18, 2010, Yandex Summer Machine Translation School operated at the Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology. The school was attended by over 60 people - students of the School of Data Analysis and winners of various programming competitions. Among the participants were representatives of Donetsk, Gomel, Kiev, Novosibirsk, Orel, Moscow, St. Petersburg, Saratov, Tomsk, Kharkov. The school taught several courses:
- “Rules-based machine translation”, L. Iomdin (Leading Researcher, Acting Head of the Laboratory of Computer Linguistics, Institute for Information Transmission Problems (IPPI), Ph.D.)
- “Introduction to data-driven machine translation”, Carl M. (Institut for Internationale Sprogstudier og Vidensteknologi)
- “Statistical machine translation”, A. Misyurev (Yandex developer)
- “A formal language for representing syntactic information”, L. Tsinman (Head of the Department of the Institute for Information Transmission Problems (IPPI), Candidate of Physics and Mathematics)
- “Search for parallel texts”, Gusev G.G. (Candidate of Physical and Mathematical Sciences, Yandex developer)
Ilya Segalovich gave a lecture on effective work with language models.
In addition to courses and lectures, the school held two machine translation competitions and two programming competitions - onsite round of the VII Open Cup named after E.V. Pankratiev programming and onsite round Yandex Open 2010.
Dmitry Dzhulgakov (Kharkov), winner of the onsite round of the Open Programming Cup
Ilya Segalovich gives a lecture
L.L. Yomdin awards the winners of the rule-based machine translation competition