Audiomania # 3: A Brief Overview of ecommerce Materials
Our showroom on the metro station Elektrozavodskaya
We in Audiomania regularly prepare materials for Habr, GT and MM about our experience in the field of Russian ecommerce. Today we continue ( # 1 , # 2 ) the bulletin digest cycle with comments from the most popular materials on our topic.
1. Delivery to the regions: the “Golden Bottom” or a source of headache
- We at Audiomania do not agree that all decisions invented in the same US should be copied “verbatim”
- The difference between Western and domestic ecommerce, despite such a borrowing, is quite large
- The main differences are not how the stores work, but how their audience works.
- In the United States, shoppers opt for online shopping, guided primarily by convenience.
- In Russia, buyers are more often motivated by the opportunity to buy goods cheaper than offline
- One of the most reliable sources for conversion growth is residents of large regional centers
- Residents of the regions often do not buy online because the cost of delivery will significantly increase the amount of the order
- It is very important not to allow a situation where a person begins to feel like a “second-class customer”
- We have implemented a delivery calculator and a customer delivery quality assessment system
- These innovations brought a 300% increase in the number of orders from the regions
2. Knowledge is power: what role did experience, self-study and the involvement of experts play in the history of Audiomania
- Audiomania grew in the spontaneous market of audio and television equipment that existed in Russia in the 90s
- The ability to occupy the Hi-end niche was balanced by the fact that people knew very little about such a technique
- One of the first steps in this direction was the launch of a listening room at the Prague Electronic Fair
- With the advent of the online store Audiomania, the work on educating the audience has also gone online.
- Educational content directly affects the average bill and the retention of regular customers
- There are still a lot of myths in the field of audio systems that can and should be discussed.
- So there was a thematic podcast “Sound”, in which experts of Audiomania, among other things, answer questions from listeners
- In addition, the company decided to talk about why High-End can be affordable and how Arslab acoustics are made.
- Customer education is not possible without working with qualified consultants
- Employees advising clients choose their specialization
3. Own brands as a tool for business survival in a crisis: the experience of Audiomania
- The crisis has changed the connection of groups of goods, brands and target audiences of almost any business
- The premium class has become average. And part of the buyers generally ceased to be the target audience of the company
- Since the issue with the purchase has not gone away, people began to look for alternatives, compromises
- The pursuit of brands was replaced by the search for optimal solutions for the tasks that the buyer would like to solve
- Today, buyers of audio equipment are willing to come to a demonstration of brand equipment
- Audiomania not only sells audio equipment, but since 2008 has been releasing its own acoustics under the Arslab brand
- Own brands and the ability to manage production - a very powerful tool in a crisis
- The Arslab brand is focused on Russia, and there are no intermediaries between production and the buyer
- We are not trying to add to our assortment everything that is on the market and wait until demand appears on its own
- We are interested in offering the most “delicious” products for different target audiences.
- Absolutely put on, Audiomania entered the capital of the Finnish acoustic manufacturer Penaudio
- For Audiomania and Penaudio, this collaboration is an opportunity to distribute business tasks.
- We strive to ensure that 100% of sales fall on our own brands and exclusive deliveries
On our Geektimes blog, we discuss a wide variety of topics from the audio world:
- Dolby Atmos: The Future of Cinema
- How to draw and read sound
- Talking about vinyl: Myths, opinions and current situation
- Portable Sound: In Simple Words About Headphones and DACs
- How Arslab acoustics are created and why High-End can be sold for Hi-Fi
And in the special section “Hi-Fi World” we talk about thematic news and developments: