DIY / IoT-metap at the Mail.Ru Group office on July 27
On July 27, the first open Do It Yourself Meetup will take place at the Mail.Ru Group’s Moscow office.
Do you want to do something well - do it yourself! Mail.Ru Group, the DIY community in Moscow, is convening everyone for a meeting, where we will share the secrets of IoT and DIY directions.
We will show and tell you how to make a thermal imager yourself, build a security system on Tarantool, design a model for 3D printing, build an e-bike from available materials. In order to feel the atmospheric creative creativity and be inspired for your own deeds, there is no better place on Earth on July 27th.
18:30 - 18:50 Vladislav Ross, technical marketing department in Mail.Ru Group
“We assemble our thermal imager: Raspberry Pi + FLIR Lepton”
- Main components: Raspberry, Lepton, screen, optics. Characteristics of Lepton.
- Software: work with Lepton, output to the screen, record, export to a file.
- Picture output modes. Demonstration of work: recording and live.
- Controls, packaging, battery power.
- Future plans.
18:50 - 19:00 Answers to questions from the audience
19:00 - 19:20 Vasily Soshnikov, Andrey Drozdov, Tarantool
“Tarantool as an IoT-platform for developers: building a security system”
- Cases and methods of use.
- Demonstration and testing of a small prototype security system.
- The future of Tarantool as a platform for IoT.
19:20 - 19:30 Answers to questions
19:30 - 19:50 Alexey Ustyantsev, Mail.Ru Games
“Designing Models for 3D Printing”
- What are CAD systems: SketchUp, OpenSCAD, SolidWorks, Onshape, with examples.
- What should be considered when designing parts: anisotropy, tolerances, holes.
- Tricks and convenient moments.
19:50 - 20:00 Answers to questions
20:00 - 20:20 Oleg Makarenko, Mail.Ru Games
"Electric Bicycle with Your Hands"
- How an electric bicycle drives and what it consists of.
- Review of the market of serial electric washers.
- How to calculate and collect yourself.
- Difficulties and pitfalls in the manufacture of electroweek.
20:20 - 20:30 Answers to questions
Collection of participants and registration from 17:30.
Start of performance: 18:30.
Address: Mail.Ru Group office, Leningradsky Avenue, 39, p. 79.
For the most lazy and busy, we will prepare a video report (although the opportunity to approach each speaker and ask questions that only DIY specialists know the answer is priceless).
Go to registration