The digest of news from the world of mobile development for the last week No. 31 (October 28 — November 3, 2013)
Last week brought us a lot of interesting things. Google released Nexus 5 and Android 4.4, Marmalade opened its publishing house, Nokia announced tripling of sales in North America, two companies at once - Motorola and ZTE - announced the imminent release of modular smartphones, Mail.ru held an interesting conference on the prospects of mobile Internet in Russia and the world.
Update to Kit Kat will receive Nexus 4, Nexus 7, Nexus 10, as well as Samsung Galaxy S4 and HTC One, released jointly with Google (Google Play Edition).
Abstract of three reports presented at a press conference organized by Mail.Ru Group in conjunction with Nielsen.
Samsung is holding a contest among developers to create a messenger based on the existing VKontakte API for the new Tizen mobile platform. The total prize fund is 3,000,000 rubles.
I feel like the movie first came off the wall. You do not have to sit and watch, although you need to hold something in your hands. This is a huge paradigm shift, and it provides tremendous creative opportunities.
Marketing and monetization
- New statistics on the use of mobile devices by children in America
- Continuous Integration in Xcode5
- Apple left gold iPhones for itself
- Apple gives developers access to Game Center ratings
- Apple reports fourth quarter results: iPhone sales up 26%
- QML Creator: QML Development for Android
- Qt on Android: Episode One
- Custom Annotation Preprocessor - creation on the basis of the Android application and configuration in IntelliJ IDEA
- External resources in Android applications
- Re: Developer interview (alternative / addition)
- Building Android applications on Travis CI
- Play has 25% more downloads than the App Store - revenue has reached 50%
- Samsung releases five new SDKs
- New Nokia World apps
- Easy localization of Windows Phone application name
- Nokia tripled sales in North America
- Corona SDK will support Windows Phone 8
- Scringo allows any developer to add stickers to their applications
- Productive procrastination: development for BlackBerry and Tizen
- About problems and solving the task of delivering push notifications to millions of devices on various platforms
- What is the difference in audience tastes in different countries?
- Mixpanel offers developers mobile polls
- The mobile gaming market will double by 2016
Marketing and monetization
- Marmalade Opens Play Publishing Unit
- Supercell believes that publishers do not need mobile market yet
- “Whales” are important to developers not only because of money
- Free gaming applications - the most profitable product category in mobile stores
- PayPal Launches Startup Blueprint - A Global Startup Support Program
- Midcore Game Mechanics: Part 1
- Motorola supports Phonebloks and creates its modular smartphone Project Ara
- ZTE introduced its modular smartphone ECO-MOBIUS
- FSB does not classify Google Glass as a special tool
- How to protect data on mobile employees
- Recovering a TeXeT TM-9750HD Tablet from a Full Brick State
- The tablet market is growing, but Apple is losing ground
- Smartphones change urban life
- Smartphone sales exceeded 250 million units, Samsung is growing twice as fast as Apple