IBM and RVC invite young entrepreneurs to participate in SmartCamp
Hello, Habr! IBM and RVC announce the opening of applications for participation in the contest IBM Smart Camp, which will be held June 17-18 in Moscow . IBM SmartCamp is a unique international initiative aimed at finding start-up entrepreneurs who are implementing projects that support the concept of “Smart Planet”. Participation in the program allows you to get free access to IBM software and hardware, technical support for the project, advice and assistance in promoting the finished product to the market.
Five companies will take part in the event, whose projects will be selected by the expert committee of IBM and RVC. Based on the results of the Russian stage of IBM SmartCamp, one of the five applicants will choose one finalist who will take part in a three-month in-depth mentoring program from IBM Corporation, and will also have the opportunity to present his project at the regional SmartCamp final in Europe.
During the event, entrepreneurs will be able to submit their projects to the jury, hear expert opinions, receive advice on further development and discuss options for possible cooperation. The jury will include representatives of Russian and foreign venture capital industry, business leaders, industry and technical experts, heads of IBM and RVC.
Representatives of start-up companies that implement projects in the field of information and communication technologies are invited to participate in the competition. To apply, enterprises must meet the following criteria:
- The age of the participating company does not exceed 5 years with an annual turnover of less than $ 10 million.
- The implementation of the project involves the use of technical devices (for example, sensors, sensors, video cameras), communication networks and analytics.
- A prototype / demonstration of the proposed solution is desirable.
- The project must have development potential in the global market.
The application for participation in the competition can be submitted
before 19:00 on May 20, 2013 on the IBM website: ibm.biz/BdxnF3 .
The application must be completed in English.
Contact person at IBM: Alexey Polunin, (495) 775-88-00 ext. 2291, AlexeyPolunin@ru.ibm.com
“IBM SmartCamp enables networking between academics, government agencies, venture investors, and startups at one event, ” said Kirill Korniliev, IBM CEO for Russia and the CIS. “IBM SmartCamp is a great opportunity for aspiring entrepreneurs to present their project and get advice on its further development from leading industry experts.”
IBM SmartCamp is part of the IBM Global Entrepreneur program, introduced in Russia in 2012 in conjunction with RVC. “Support for competitions aimed at the development of high-tech entrepreneurship in Russia is one of the strategic directions of RVC OJSC. The goal of cooperation between RVC and IBM is to expand opportunities for the development of innovative business in Russia by providing the necessary tools and services at the international level, ” commented Igor Agamirzyan, General Director and Chairman of the Board of RVC OJSC.
- The SmartCamp international competition is a good and timely IBM initiative aimed at developing innovative companies. We hope to see the professionalism shown by companies, mentors and judges in this competition, too. Obviously, holding a competition of this level in Russia is a significant step in the development of the Russian innovation ecosystem. ”