Firefox Mobile (Fennec) 1.1 release for Maemo platform
Mozilla finally unveiled the final version of its mobile browser for the Maemo5 platform last night.
You can try Firefox Mobile (versions for mobile devices, as well as builds for Mac OS X, Linux, Windows) and learn more about it using the links, and you can find out about plans for Fennec 2.0 in my previous habratopike . Under the cut - innovations and a small digression.
The most important innovations:
- Portrait mode when turning
- New “smart” system of “tapes” (now you don’t have to choose links and put checkboxes with the tip of a nail)
- Improvements when working with forms (a new theme for forms, auto-completion , etc.)
- Homepage redesign
- Automatically updated addons
- Ability to open links in a new tab and save images through a new context menu
- Improved Site Menu (dialogue accessible via the favicon in the URL field there)
- Ability to use volume keys to increase / decrease
- Saving Pages to PDF
- Built-in Crash Repoter
- The ability to add search engines to the main screen and access them through the Site Menu
- Since version 1.0, the range of add-ons has expanded. Firefox Sync and AdBlock Plus have added 58 more add-ons .
So, that very digression: what is the name of this browser? Firefox Mobile, Fennec, Fennec Mobile? True is Firefox. Yes, like on a desktop, yes, that's that simple. Fennec is the name of the project itself, and “Mobile” - not to be confused.
English Release Notes