100 things announced at I / O No. 19
Another I / O has become a story! We worked in sandboxes, watched stunning product demos and listened to music made by artificial intelligence . Especially for you, we have compiled a list of 100 announcements that we made on I / O:
1. New phone! Our smartphones - the Pixel 3a and Pixel 3a XL - will be available later this week, combining all of Google’s major buns at a lower price ($ 399 for a 5.6-inch display and $ 479 for a 6-inch model).
2. Google loves the trinity, so the Pixel 3a is available in three colors: purple, white and just black.
3. And no matter what color the phone is, it has the same Pixel camera. Take pictures in portrait mode with HDR + or use Night Sight to capture magical photos in low light (such as outdoor concerts, chic restaurants or night outings with friends).
4.A bit of creativity - Time Lapse will be added to the Pixel 3a . With this technology it will be possible to record a sunset and convert it into a few seconds of video.
5. Battery for a day! The Pixel 3a charges for 7 hours of battery life in 15 minutes, and a full battery can last up to 30 hours.
6. Use the Pixel 3a to its fullest. Use Google Assistant to send texts, find routes, set reminders, and more - just by using your voice.
7. Who is there? The Call Screen feature in Google Assistant (available in the US and Canada) provides additional information about who is calling before you answer the call. Saves you from spam calls once and for all.
8.Pixel 3a is protected from new threats thanks to a three-year update of the security system and operating system.
9. It also comes with a custom Titan M chip that helps protect your most important data.
10. On all Pixel phones, augmented reality previews are available on Google Maps. Therefore, in the next walk around the city, you can look at the routes superimposed on the world itself, and not look at the boring blue dot on the map.
11. Meet Google Nest . We combine home products and the Nest brand to create a smart home.
12. We presented the newest member of the Google Nest family: Google Nest Hub Max. It has a 10-inch screen, high-quality stereo sound, a camera with built-in Nest Cam features and all the power of Google Assistant.
13. Live albums in Nest Hub Max allow you to select photos of family and friends from your Google Photos for display on the screen.
14. The built-in Nest Cam helps you keep track of what's happening at home. Just turn on the camera when you are not there and watch what is happening right from the Nest app on your phone.
15. The camera in Hub Max also allows you to make video calls and leave private messages using the Google Duo video call application.
16.If you are listening to music or watching a cookbook, turn down the volume only with a wave of your hand. Control everything with gestures, to pause playback you need to look at the Nest Hub Max and raise your hand.
17. The home viewing dashboard allows you to control all connected devices from one dashboard. Currently, Google Assistant controls more than 30,000 devices from 3,500 brands.
18. As with Voice Match, you have the option to enable the Face Match feature in the Nest Hub Max , which recognizes who is using the device and shares the most important information, such as the calendar and estimated travel time.
20. On the front panel of the Hub Max, a green indicator is lit, indicating when the camera is streaming video. In addition, you have several controls to disable camera features such as Nest Cam and Face Match.
21. Hub Max will be available in the US, UK and Australia this summer.
22. The Google Nest Hub , formerly the Google Home Hub, is now available in 12 more countries - Canada, Denmark, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, the Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Spain and Sweden.
23. Prices are lower: Google Nest Hub is available in the US for $ 129, from today Google Home costs $ 99, and Google Home Max $ 299.
24. The Assistant currently works on more than one billion devices, available in more than 30 languages in 80 countries.
25. The next generation assistant will work on the device and respond to requests 10 times faster with an almost zero delay. It will appear this year on Pixel phones .
26. Continuation of the conversation. Now with the Continue Conversation feature , you can make multiple requests in a row without saying “Okay, Google” every time.
27. We are expanding opportunities for the Internet to help you complete tasks faster. Just ask an assistant: "Book a car for my next trip," and he will find out everything else on his own.
28.Stop the alarm! Now you can stop the timer or alarm you set on your Google Home speakers or smart displays by simply saying “stop”.
29. Quick help! With the new "Personal Communications" feature, the assistant will better understand you and talk about important things in your life. Say you told the assistant which contact is “mom.” You may then ask, “OK Google. What is the weather like my mom’s house this weekend?” - and get an answer without any further details.
30. Choose your next recipe to try, an event to attend, or a podcast to listen to with "The Choice for You." This helper feature is based on previous searches and other contextual hints,
31. In the coming weeks, access to all the usefulness of the assistant directly in Waze will be open.
32. Use the driving mode in the assistant when you are driving. A new toolbar starts automatically when you are driving and displays the most important actions, such as navigation, messaging, calls and multimedia.
33. Using an assistant is easier to control the car remotely, so you can adjust the temperature of your car, check the fuel level or make sure your doors are locked without leaving your home.
34. Manage your assistant data and select the privacy settings suitable for you on the “You” tab in the settings.
35.Ever google the question "how to do ..."? We give content creators easy-to-use tools for developers, so in the coming months, when you ask, “OK Google, how to make a treehouse from matches?”, You will receive step-by-step instructions from a trusted source, such as DIY Networks.
36. The assistant is now integrated with some of your favorite applications. For example, you might say, “OK Google, go jogging at Nike Run Club.”
37. Now game creators will be able to take full advantage of the development for interactive Smart Displays screens, so soon we will see more games that combine voice, visual effects and touch.
Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
38. The winner is ... we introduced 20 Google AI Impact Challenge grant holders who used AI to solve social problems.
39. We have made progress in forecasting floods in India. Now we can better use AI to predict flood times, location and severity in 90% of India and share this information with Google alerts.
40. Two music groups entered the I / O scene - using machine learning. YACHT and The Flaming Lips worked with Google engineers to create music with Magenta, our creative AI tool.
41. Check out our new PAIR Guidebook., a tool that will help practitioners in machine learning make better, user-oriented decisions when working with AI.
42. We continue to research AI that make our products better and use them to increase user privacy. Federated learning allows Google AI products to work better without collecting raw data from your devices.
Google News and Search
43. Keep up to date. A technology that shows the full picture of events on Google News and is used in Search to organize search results by topic, providing you with the context you need to understand.
44. When you are looking for news on a specific topic, you will have the opportunity to see different moments in the story - from the chronology of events to key people involved - and cover a wide range of content, including articles, tweets and even podcasts.
45. In the coming months, we will begin to include podcasts in Google search results so you can listen to podcasts directly from the search results page or save an episode for future reference.
Augmented Reality and Google Lens
46. Apparently means real! Soon you will be able to view three-dimensional objects directly in the search and place them in your own space.
47. The camera expands the world , using augmented reality to overlay useful information and content into the real world. For example, if you see a dish you would like to cook in the next issue of Bon Appetit magazine, you can aim the camera at the recipe, enliven the page and show how to cook it.
48. The camera will help you decide what to order. Just point the lens at the menu and find out which dishes are popular. Click on a dish to see photos and fragments of reviews from Google Maps.
49.Now you can point the camera at the text, and the lens will automatically translate directly on top of the original words - it works in more than 100 languages.
50. What is written here? When you point the camera at a text, we can read it aloud. You can also click on a specific word to find its definition. This feature is first launched on Google Go, our search application for novice smartphone users.
51. You will see that the profile icon of your Google account is displayed more clearly on all Google products, so a single click is enough to access the privacy and security settings.
52. We have simplified the management of your data in Maps, Assistant and YouTube (coming soon). For example, you can view and delete your location data directly on Google Maps, and then quickly get back to business.
53. New automatic deletion options for location history, online activity, and applications let you automatically delete data.
54.We are expanding the Incognito mode, an option in Chrome that clears your browsing history after each session, for more of our products, including Maps.
55. Thanks to Federated learning, Gboard has improved predictive typing as well as predicting emoticons on tens of millions of devices.
56. We have embedded security keys directly into your Android phone , providing you with simpler and more convenient protection against phishing attacks. This applies to all devices running Android 7.0 and higher.
57. The new Android Q features are related to innovation, security, privacy, and digital well-being.
58. Gesture-based navigation makes it easy to navigate between tasks and use the larger screen.
59. Android Q has developer tools for creating applications for foldable phones and 5G, opening up new possibilities for games.
60. Live Caption will automatically play media files supported on your phone, such as video podcasts, audio messages, and even what you record yourself in any application.
61.Smart Reply is getting smarter! Not only will your phone show the suggested answers, it will also help you take action, such as opening addresses from a text message in an application, such as Google Maps.
62. You asked - we did! Dark theme of Android Q. Turn it on separately in the settings, or switch to Battery Saver mode.
63. We raise privacy to the top level of settings so that you can find all the important controls in one place.
64. Android Q provides you with new permission management tools so you can share your location (or not) with applications on your own terms.
65.Time for a break? With the new focus mode, you can do everything without being distracted, choosing the applications you want to keep active, and pausing all unused ones.
66. To help children and families learn how to use technology correctly, we make Family Link part of every Digital Wellbeing device , starting with Android Q.
67. Signed, sealed, delivered! There is a new way to deliver important updates. With Project Mainline, we can update the main components of the OS without a complete reinstall.
68. All Android Q devices, including phones, tablets, televisions, and Android Auto, encrypt user data.
69.Some of these features are available today in Android Q Beta, which is available on 15 devices from 12 manufacturers (of course on all Pixel phones).
70. There are many new emoticons in Android Q, including 53 new non-binary emoticon designs that Unicode defines as "asexual."
71. Fasten your seat belt! The new Android Auto design , which will be released this summer, will help you get started faster, quickly show useful information and simplify common tasks while driving.
72. Now media developers will be able to create entertainment materials for Android-based infotainment systems.
73. With Tiles on Wear OSFrom Google, you get faster access to things right from your wrist, such as your goals, next event, weather forecast, heart rate, and timer.
74. The Android TV platform currently has more than 140 pay-TV partners, 6 of the 10 leading manufacturers of smart TVs using the Android TV platform and more than 5,000 applications and games in its ecosystem.
75. Now it has become easier to exchange files between Linux, Android and Chrome OS using the file manager.
76. Android Studio on Chrome OS helps optimize applications for Chrome OS — right on your Chromebook.
77. All Chromebooks released this year will support Linux right out of the box.
78. Even more transparency and control for users , such as improved cookie controls and more restrictions on fingerprinting on the Internet.
79. With the ability to bet on tROAS, advertisers will soon be able to automatically pay more for users who spend more and less for users who spend less.
80. We partner with eight agencies - Vidmob, Consumer Acquisition, Bamboo, Apptamin, Webpals, Creadits, Kaizen Ad and Kuaizi - to provide advertisers with comprehensive creative development and consulting services.
81. At the end of this year, we will expand a new monetization program called Open Bid for all publishers so that developers can automatically maximize the value of each impression.
82. New transparency tools in browserswill give people more data that Google uses to personalize ads.
83. We also launched new AdMob tools for developers that help better control advertising content, easily access metrics, and quickly identify and remove bad ads.
84. The Euphonia project uses AI to improve the computer's ability to understand and transcribe a variety of speech patterns, including speech disorders.
85. Live Relay uses speech recognition on the device and text-to-speech so that the phone can listen and speak on behalf of people while typing.
86. Project Diva is a research project that makes the Google Assistant more accessible for people with disabilities.
87. We are launching a preview of the Local Home SDK, which allows developers to move to a new level of speed and reliability in smart home devices.
88. The next version of our Maps Android SDK is now available for public beta testing. It is built on a common platform with the Google Maps mobile application, which means better performance and feature support.
89. The new integration of Google Maps Platform with deck.gl will enable high-quality visualization of data on a scale.
90. We are joining our efforts to connect third-party home devices to our system. Now we will offer the user and developer to work on the Works with Google Assistant program.
91.We introduced updates to ARCore for augmented images and lighting assessments - features that allow you to create more interactive and realistic experiences.
92. Scene Viewer is a new tool that allows users to view 3D objects in AR directly from your website.
93. Android development is becoming more kotlin-oriented .
94. We released 11 new Jetpack libraries and opened a preview of Jetpack Compose, a new toolbox designed to simplify user interface development.
95. Android Studio 3.5 Beta is availableto download and includes improvements in three main areas: system operation, correction of violations and bug fixes.
96. Flutter 1.5 includes hundreds of changes in response to developer feedback, including updates for new App Store requirements for the iOS SDK, updates for iOS widgets and Material, engine support for new device types, and Dart 2.3 with new language features like UI-as -code.
97. We released the first Flutter technical preview for the Web .
98. The update API for Android applications is out of beta . Now users can install updates without even leaving the application.
99. New Metrics and Analytical InformationThe Google Play console helps developers better assess the health of applications and analyze their performance.
100. ** Chrome Canary introduces a new change to help download sites with more images.