How to diversify content feeds
Content feeds are the only informative type of message for subscribers. When a user subscribes to your newsletter, he did not expect super-offers or promotions, but the benefit and benefit for himself. The subscriber seeks new information and knowledge. And there are 5 advantages to content distribution in this regard:
- Regular . If you have come to email marketing consciously, then send mailings based on the prescribed plan, and not when you want. So, the subscriber knows when he will receive a new portion of information materials and is ready for this.
- predictable. The user subscribes if the topic of the blog is interesting to him. The topic is limited to the semantic core and related topics. Therefore, the subscriber obviously knows when he will receive the material and on what topic. No one will wait for a review of fishing gear for catfish from the marketing portal.
- Useful . Content distribution carries a practical skill that is applied, if not immediately after reading, then in a short time.
- Do not contain ads! The purpose of content newsletters is to build an expert brand and user trust. Advertising in this scenario is not an option.
- They are answered.Newsletters are a person-to-person conversation. If the subscriber has questions, he asks them to the sender and receives an answer to them.
Content mailing is not a sales tool, as such, but a way to influence consumer preferences, during which you create the image of an expert professional brand. The way from subscribing to buying through content feeds goes like this:
To diversify your content feeds, try using several formats for submitting material.
What are the formats of content lists:
Digest.A great option when you need to submit a large amount of information in one letter. The main task for creating a digest is to write a clear and concise text-liner and check the links. The goal is to inform and interest the audience.
Cognitive journal. Newsletter-article on relevant topics. Not limited by volume. The main thing is to choose interesting topics. Translate, write or retype content and communicate to subscribers. The purpose of this newsletter is to create a loyal interested audience.
Calendar of events. In such a newsletter, the main thing is relevance and topic. It’s not worth doing such mailings more than 1 time per month. This is enough to inform subscribers.
Compilation. A format that combines several options for presenting information at once. For example: a digest and a poster of events.
Separately, it is worth highlighting the format of game mailings , where the narration comes from the name of a mascot (a fictional character). The submission of material in such newsletters can be any (digest, events, etc.), but the presence of a character is more likely to lead to “live” communication.
The purpose of the game newsletters: to build a friendly relationship with subscribers, give a charge of positive emotions. Bright game mailings are sent by "Budist", Russian "Toon-Boom" or "Aimobilko".
Conclusion:Before you start content mailing, determine your goals. Start small, test and build momentum: add new formats depending on the preferences of subscribers, expand the theme. This is the only way to find contact with the target audience.
Newsletters should not be mega-genius or cool. It should be useful and interesting.
Irina Chugay, SendPulse Successful Mailing Marketer