iversity - online courses from the European MOOC platform
Massive Open Online Course (MOOC - Massive Open Online Course) have become a real alternative to other forms of distance learning. Over the past two years, along with the open teaching resources of the world's leading universities, independent specialized websites - MOOC aggregators such as Udemy , Coursera - have appeared on the Web . Another example is iversity.org .
What is a MOOC? This is a training course, all the materials and tasks of which are available online to any inhabitant of the planet. MOOC brings together teachers and students interested in a particular topic. The more participants and open materials, the more effective the training will be.
It is these courses that iversity offers to everyone for free. Here you need to perform only three simple steps to start learning today: choose your favorite course, sign up for it and start learning. I also want to draw your attention to the fact that the platform has German roots and therefore some courses are presented in German.
Among the “first swallows” that became the prototype of the MOOC were 11 places where you can take university courses for free. Then, continuing the topic, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology's online resource MIT OpenCourseWare additionally announced the placement of new free training materials for self-study. And very soon, Yale University followed suit, posting 35 courses available through Open Yale Courses in the public domain. Interestingly, back in 2010 I studied the issue of online education and believed that in the near future it would be accessible to everyone. Here is an example of a survey that I once published on Habré: Is there an future for online education? It is still relevant.
Currently iversity invites everyone to study courses of European universities for free. In this list you may find something interesting for yourself:
- Design 101 (or Design Basics) (Abadir - Accademia di Belle Arti, Catania)
- Contemporary Architecture (iversity)
- The Future Of Storytelling (Fachhochschule Potsdam)
- Monte Carlo Methods in Finance (Universidad Autónoma de Madrid)
- The Fascination of Crystals and Symmetry (Universität Hamburg)
- Mathe-MOOC: Mathematisch denken! (Pädagogische Hochschule Heidelberg)
- The European Union in Global Governance (KU Leuven)
- Sectio chirurgica - 'Anatomie interaktiv' (Universität Tübingen)
- Changemaker MOOC - Social Entrepreneurship (Universität Kiel)
- DNA - From Structure to Therapy (Jacobs University Bremen)
- Algorithmen und Datenstrukturen (Universität Osnabrück)
- Web-Engineering I: Grundlagen der Web-Entwicklung (Technische Hochschule Mittelhessen)
- Web-Engineering II: Entwicklung mobiler HTML5-Apps (Technische Hochschule Mittelhessen)
- Grundlagen des Marketing (Fachhochschule Lübeck)
- Internationales Agrarmanagement (Hochschule Weihenstephan-Triesdorf)
- Political Philosophy: An Introduction (Universitá degli Studi di Firenze)
- Dark Matter in Galaxies: The Last Mystery (SISSA di Trieste)
- Einführung in die Betriebswirtschaftslehre (RWTH Aachen)
- Einführung in die Wahrscheinlichkeitsrechnung (Johannes Gutenberg-Universität Mainz)
- The DO School Start-Up Lab (The DO School)
- Public Privacy: Cyber Security and Human Rights (Universiteit Utrecht)
- Vehicle Dynamics I: Accelerating and Braking (Helmut-Schmidt-Universität - Universität der Bundeswehr)
- Vehicle Dynamics II: Cornering (Helmut-Schmidt-Universität - Universität der Bundeswehr)
- Vehicle Dynamics III: Vertical oscillations (Helmut-Schmidt-Universität - Universität der Bundeswehr)
You can also see all courses in one list here .