Cosmonaut Training Center named after Yu.A. Gagarin and Roscosmos began open recruitment into the cosmonaut squad
In the FSBI “Research Institute of the CPC named after Yu.A. Gagarina ”started the selection of candidates for test cosmonauts of the Cosmonaut Squad of Roscosmos in 2019.
But not simple, but engineering-sports-strong-willed.
Applicants must have a university degree in programs (only the first three are listed below, the rest are indicated in the publication) + work experience in the specialty acquired for at least 3 years:
- computer science and computer engineering;
- electronics, radio engineering and communication systems;
- photonics, instrumentation, optical and biotechnological systems and technologies.
Volunteers should have endurance, strength, speed, agility, flexibility, special physical fitness - resistance to the effects of adverse factors of space flight (overload, weightlessness, hypoxia, vestibular stimuli) and on-board physical training.
Applications and documents (copies of originals) from applicants for selection are accepted from June 3, 2019 to June 1, 2020.
Documents are sent by Russian post with a notification to the address: 141160, Moscow Region, Star City, to the head of the Federal State Budget Scientific Institution Scientific Research Institute named after Yu.A. Gagarin "marked" To the commission for the selection of candidates for astronauts. "
Decisions of the MVK on selected applicants are published on the websites of Roscosmos State Corporation and FSBI NII TsPK named after Yu.A. Gagarin ”, as well as personally communicated to all selected candidates for astronauts.
Requirements for applicants for participation in the competition for the selection of candidates for astronauts
1. General requirements.
A candidate for cosmonauts of the Russian Federation may be a citizen of the Russian Federation.
Applicants must not exceed 35 years of age.
The following persons are not allowed to the competitive selection of candidates for cosmonauts:
- having citizenship (citizenship) of a foreign state or a residence permit or other document confirming the right to permanent residence of a citizen of the Russian Federation in the territory of a foreign state;
- in relation to which criminal prosecution is conducted;
- having an unexpunged (outstanding) criminal record;
- violating the laws of the Russian Federation on the protection of state secrets;
- having court decisions that have entered into legal force regarding them to be declared legally incompetent or of limited legal capacity.
2. Requirements for education, professional qualifications and work experience of applicants.
Applicants must have higher education in a specialty or master's program and a specialty from the list of the following enlarged groups:
- computer science and computer engineering;
- Electronics, radio engineering and communication systems;
- photonics, instrumentation, optical and biotechnological systems and technologies;
- electricity and heat;
- nuclear power and technology;
- mechanical engineering;
- physical and technical sciences and technologies;
- aviation and rocket and space technology;
- air navigation and operation of aviation and rocket and space technology;
- nanotechnology and nanomaterials;
- mathematics and mechanics;
- physics and astronomy;
- biological sciences.
Persons with higher education must have at least 3 years of experience in the specialty acquired after graduation from the corresponding higher educational institution.
Applicants with higher education in the field of medical sciences (medical and preventive work) with at least 3 years of experience in the field of aerospace, underwater, military medicine or disaster medicine are also allowed to be selected.
Applicants from among the flight personnel must have a higher flying education and experience in flight work (service) in military units, organizations, institutions involved in the operation, use, testing of aviation or space technology for at least 3 years after receiving a certificate of higher flight education.
Priority in the selection is enjoyed by persons with experience in the aviation or rocket and space industry of Russia.
Documents on higher education received must be of state standard, and the higher educational institutions that issued them must have state accreditation.
Applicants with documents of foreign states on education must provide documents on nostrification of relevant diplomas.
The list of personal documents submitted by applicants to the competitive commission at various stages of selection is given in Appendix No. 1 to this Regulation .
3. Medical requirements.
Medical requirements that determine the degree of suitability of candidates for astronauts are set out in the Regulation on medical examination and monitoring the health status of candidates for astronauts, astronauts and cosmonaut instructors, approved by order of the Minister of Defense of the Russian Federation and the Minister of Health of the Russian Federation dated January 9, 2001 No. 14 / 7, and in Appendix No. 2 to these Regulations .
4. Psychological requirements.
When selecting applicants for compliance with psychological requirements, the level of development of professionally important psychological qualities necessary for successful professional activity of an astronaut is studied and evaluated.
In the process of psychological examination are analyzed:
- biologically stable psychophysiological parameters (typological properties of higher nervous activity, psychomotor qualities, reliability of operator activity, etc.);
- features of individual mental processes and properties (emotional, cognitive, volitional);
- socio-psychological characteristics (degree of professional self-determination, personality orientation, sociability, tendency to leadership, conformism, etc.).
The psychological qualities of applicants are evaluated based on the results of special psychological studies, relevant interviews with applicants, study of documents characterizing their life activities, study of observation data by psychologists-experts on applicants when they undergo other types of selection.
The basis for rejecting the candidacy during the selection is the presence of adverse individual psychological characteristics.
5. Requirements for physical fitness.
The composition of professionally important physical qualities, assessed during the selection of applicants for compliance with physical fitness requirements, includes: endurance, strength, speed, agility, flexibility, special physical fitness - resistance to the effects of adverse space flight factors (overload, weightlessness, hypoxia, vestibular stimuli ) and on-board physical training - the ability to effectively use on-board simulators in flight for physical training in order to prevent Ki adverse effects of factors of prolonged stay in zero gravity (hypokinesia, physical inactivity, microgravity).
The indicated qualities are evaluated on the basis of the results of the applicants performing normative physical exercises.
The actual level of physical fitness of applicants is assessed on the basis of the levels of these physical qualities.
The final conclusion about the physical fitness of applicants is based on the ratio of actual and required levels of fitness.
Regulatory physical exercises for applicants are presented in Appendix No. 3 to these Regulations .
6. Requirements for professional suitability.
Applicants must meet the following requirements necessary for subsequent preparation for space flight:
- possess the necessary minimum of general knowledge in the field of the fundamentals of manned space exploration;
- have the ability to study space technology (to demonstrate the ability to understand the basics and principles of building technical systems, understanding their physical nature, the ability to remember technical information, terminology and technical characteristics);
- have the ability to operator activities (determined by the results of special tests).
- know computer technology at the level of computer science requirements at a higher educational institution and be able to use a personal computer, e-mail, antivirus programs (determined by the results of special tests);
- speak one of the foreign languages (English, Italian, Spanish, German, French) within the framework of the requirements of the programs of non-linguistic universities of the Russian Federation;
- have the necessary level of knowledge of the Russian language (written and oral);
- have the necessary awareness in the field of the history of world and domestic cosmonautics;
- possess the necessary minimum of general knowledge in the field of cultural studies.
* * *
Normative physical exercises and indicative results of their implementation when selecting candidates for cosmonauts by physical fitness:
- 1 km run - 3 min. 30 s or 5 km skiing - 24 min. 30 sec
- Swimming 800 m freestyle - 20 min. 10 s or breaststroke - 22 min. 30 s.
- Pulling up on the bar - 12 times.
- An angle in emphasis on bars - 20 with.
- Shuttle run 10x10 m - 26.3 s.
- Long jump from a place - 2.30 m.
- Trampolining with rotation of 90, 180 and 360 degrees (height of jumps not less than 60 cm) - the technique of performing jumps on a 10-point scale is evaluated.
- Jump - drop into the water head down from a springboard 3 m high - the technique of performing the jump on a 10-point scale is evaluated.
- Tilt forward - down from a standing position on the bench (the distance reached by the fingertips is estimated below the top edge of the bench) is 16 cm.
- Romberg test (the test person stands with closed eyes on one leg, arms divorced at 45º are extended forward and slightly up, the total time of maintaining equilibrium in three attempts is fixed) - 45s.
- Diving in length - 20 m.
- An 11-minute test (running and walking according to a given sequence diagram) on the simulator of the onboard treadmill (the distance covered is estimated) - 1050 m.
- Manual bicycle ergometry on a training model of an on-board exercise bike (estimated time to complete the exercise) - 3 min.
A full list of requirements on the website of the cosmonaut training center .