Create a localized system voice menu in 3CX
3CX comes with a set of system voice messages for the most common languages. But if you want to localize voice dialing for a language that is not in the system, or in accordance with the corporate style of your company, we recommend that you read this article.
All sets of system voice messages (system voice menu) are located in these directories
Windows 2008/7/2012/8/10 :
% programdata% \ 3CX \ Instance1 \ Data \ Ivr \ Prompts \ Sets \
Each set is in its own subdirectory. For example, the English set, which is used by default in the 3CX system, is located in the subdirectory ... \ Sets \ 8210986B-9412-497f-AD77-3A554F4A9BDB .
The table below shows all message sets shipped with 3CX, their ID and folder names.
|Tongue||ID / Folder Name|
|English by default||8210986B-9412-497f-AD77-3A554F4A9BDB|
Each set of voice messages contains a SetInfo.xml file that describes this set - its ID, name, version and textual descriptions of messages.
Numeral Pronunciation Style
By default, 3CX pronounces numerals in accordance with English phonetics, for example, twenty-one . In some languages, for example, German, you need to pronounce one and twenty . Pronunciation style is set by parameter
Creating a set of system voice messages consists of the following steps:
- Select source voice dialing
- Make a copy of this set.
- Record audio files (messages) of the new set
- Replace the original audio files in the copied set
- Create text descriptions for your own audio files (messages)
- Pack the created set and send to 3CX
Consider each of these steps.
Select source voice dialing
First, determine for yourself the initial set of messages on the basis of which you will create your own. For example, to create a Belarusian set of messages, it is best to take Russian as a basis. On the other hand, for the Belarusian one can take the original English set. We recommend taking as a basis the set that most closely matches the language system of the new set. Additional kits, including Russian, can be downloaded from the 3CX management console in the Updates section .
Create a copy of the set
After defining the source message set, create a copy of this message set. You must not modify the standard English voice dialing or other dialing downloaded from the 3CX website. All modifications should be made only in a copy. If you doubt the relevance of a particular set, it is best to take the English Standard English Prompts Set as the basis . Create a copy of this set.
- In the 3CX management interface, go to Settings> System Prompts
- Click Manage Prompt Sets
- In the Active Promptset field, select Standard English Prompts Set
- Click Copy Promptset
- Choose a name for the set to be created - a copy, for example, Belorussian Prompts Set . Also indicate the pronunciation style of the numerals (Use alternate Pronunciation). If the check box is unchecked, the English style is used, if set, German. For Cyrillic languages, not checked.
After that, the system will create a new subdirectory in the ... \ Sets directory and copy all the files from the original set there. The name of the subdirectory corresponds to the ID of the new set, and the ID is randomly generated at the time the copy was created.
Record new set audio files
Create audio files for the new voice dialing. You can do this with a synthesizer, but for optimal results, we recommend recording them in a professional recording studio. At the same time, a number of recommendations must be observed:
- Supported audio format: WAV, PCM, 8 KHz, 16 bit, Mono
- File sizes should be as small as possible.
- Delete sections of silence that are present at the beginning and end of the file - approximately 10-20 milliseconds
- It is advisable not to cut the sound file abruptly (abruptly changing the volume) at the very end, as this will cause artifacts (clicks) when playing
- Try to record files with the same sound characteristics - volume, tone and timbre, so that the phrases played by the system sound the same
Replace original audio files
Replace the original audio files in the created copy of voice dialing. You can do this directly from the 3CX interface by clicking the Browse button in the Settings> System Prompts section .
Make sure that you replace all the audio files - then the new voice dialing will be fully translated.
Localize text descriptions of messages in the new set
Translate text descriptions of voice messages (transcriptions).
The SetInfo.xml file contains descriptions of all voice dialing messages. Also, descriptions are contained in the Description column in the System Prompts Settings window of the 3CX management interface. Descriptions cannot be changed through the 3CX interface, but this can be done by opening the SetInfo.xml file in a Unicode-enabled text editor, for example Notepad ++ . Message descriptions can be made in any language. To insert, for example, a Russian description, open the SetInfo.xml file in UTF-8 mode in Notepad ++ or use the HTML sequence & # xHH, where HH is the hexadecimal code of the Unicode character.
Pack the created set
After creating a new voice dial, i.e. to localize all voice files and their descriptions in the SetInfo.xml file, you should send the set to 3CX developers. Pack the directory with voice dialing (including all subdirectories) in a ZIP or RAR archive and send to 3CX. To do this, contact your local manager.