Payler - LIVE!
We are very happy to return to you again to share how Payler lives and develops. In this post we want to summarize the intermediate results of our work from the first day of work (we have been working since May 1, 2014). We have already completed more than 4,441,000 transactions and we believe that the first baptism of fire has already been completed. We want to talk about all the nuances, including the difficulties and fails that we encountered. Read on.
Who we need
At the moment, about 60 clients have already connected to our system and we already have a much better picture of our audience. In general, everything is going according to plan here, but we want to share our observations. So, who mainly uses the services of Internet acquiring:
1)Companies providing services at the junction of online and offline technologies . This may be, for example, reservation services, insurance services, travel agencies and electronics stores. All these companies have one thing in common: a fair share of communications with them was originally planned to be carried out on the network. That is, the company's office for the client is secondary to the site. Such clients especially note the convenience of setting up Payler for themselves, in particular, they usually ask and receive significant improvements to their personal account and reporting formats.
2) Aggregator companies, affiliate networks, game stores, tickets. For example, it can be bonus programs or loyalty programs, as an example - one of our favorite Royal Beauty clients. These companies are distinguished by the fact that they provide their services remotely and simultaneously in many different points (for example, in the best beauty salons in Moscow). Accordingly, it is more convenient for the client to purchase services via the Internet, so he can immediately “contact” the entire affiliate network, and not individually to the program participants. Such clients especially note the speed of receipt of funds into the account, since delays are fatal within the network.
3) “Recursors” - Content providers, CRM systems, taxi fleets, etc.. These customers are not interested in the rate, as the return on sales is more than 20-30%. The first question they ask is that we need an understandable API / SDK and Support, as well as switch to combat mode as soon as possible. Since the average check of the companies served by Payler is 900 rubles, the business has begun to take care of the time of its customers and is mastering the recurrence at a good pace.
Falls and take-offs
Naturally, in the work of such a complex mechanism as a payment gateway there are failures and emergency situations. We prepared for them and developed a self-learning anti-fraud system, but the effective work of the payment service in any case is connected not only with the lack of jambs, but more with the ability to quickly fix them. So, our top 5 fails and how to solve them:
1.Lack of feedback from the bank . Some customers are denied without explanation, which greatly delays the connection process. That is why we work with several banks and in case of refusal, we immediately agree on everything in another bank. As a rule, the reason lies in the rules of each specific bank, and not in the client, so that all banks have not been refused at once before. And although not, it was only once - but the client had a negative credit history.
2. Fraud. Some customers are rated by banks as risky, and we can get a certain level of chargebacks - protesting the transaction by the issuing bank and returning it to the payer at the expense of our client, after which all the proceedings fall on our shoulders. Now we are trying to avoid such situations by restricting countries, the number of transactions, the amount and other security settings.
3. 161-FZ. He is the Federal Law “On the National Payment System”. In some projects, there is a need for additional control of financial flows in accordance with the law. In such cases, we cannot let money through ourselves without being a bank or a non-bank credit organization. We decide through partnerships with banks and NGOs. By the way, we are already very closely studying this area, as the strategic goals of the company in 2015-2016 will develop into an NPO.
4. Absence or heavy workload of technical specialists on the client side . Many clients do not have the opportunity to do technical integration on their own, or their specialists are very busy and they are not up to it. We provide our specialists in such cases, or offer a package of ready-made solutions.
5.Restrictions by banks . Incorrectly configured fraud monitoring by the bank can cut a good percentage of transaction traffic. In such cases, we do our best to reach an agreement with the bank on changing fraud monitoring settings on their part. In the future, we plan to open a gateway that does not depend on restrictions from the bank.
We have important news from our Billingrad - the mobile commerce service has undergone alpha testing, and integration is currently being completed. The service allows you to make payments from a mobile phone account up to 15 000 rubles. The restrictions are standard for electronic wallets: you can not pay for drugs, weapons, pornography.
It is important to note that when connecting to mobile commerce, in the process of coordinating the service, the “category” of your business is linked. Depending on the category, the commission changes, and the more liquid the product or service, the lower the commission.
Some Billingrad customers could already see the new features in the interfaces. Already, we are beginning to receive applications for approval, and soon the service can be connected almost automatically. Send applications to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org - in the application you need to specify a description of the project and the goods, a link to the project, the average bill, the approximate expected amount of payments.
We asked Billingrad's technical director to write down the details of the service device:
When writing a mobile commerce module, the main requirements were fault tolerance and usability. Fault tolerance is ensured by balancing the load across multiple servers. In the event of failure of one of the machines (flood, fire, Internet drop in the data center), requests go to other workers.
The backend is written in node.js + cluster.
The first version of mobile commerce was written using the nosql couchdb database, but after suffering they refused in favor of postgresql. Horizontally, redis will be deployed to store shared data between servers (sessions).
Clients can configure the address to which to send requests for past / rejected transactions and its body at its discretion. You can make json, xml, yaml or any other data format using the capabilities of the built-in template engine. The setup screen looks like this:
In the comments I can answer any technical questions about the billingrad device.
Right now we are integrating with their solution, which will make its use transparent to our customers.
Service site - billingrad.com .
In addition to the fact that we have many favorite customers and the ability to quickly deal with not the most pleasant moments, we are developing in other directions. First, we moved to a new office: from the iconic for all young companies of the Red October Revolution, we moved to the street of matured businesses: Novy Arbat. Now, against the backdrop of book houses and the brightest lights of Moscow, we are coming up with new products.
In particular, we are actively developing a new direction of car encashment together with our partners ITB Technologies (itb-t.ru). This service sector includes a number of software and technical solutions, such as smart safes, auto cash-in terminals, co-branded cards. We will devote a separate post to this direction, but this is a bit later. In the meantime, a photo from our new office
and a video, if someone has not seen :)
Stay in touch!