The digest of news from the world of mobile development for the last week No. 29 (October 14–20, 2013)
Perhaps the main event in the mobile development market this week was the acquisition of the Finnish studio Supercell by the Japanese media corporation SoftBank. Two games, two years on the market - and a market valuation of $ 3 billion. Evidence of the phenomenal growth and prospects of the entire industry!
RevealApp is a MacOS application. It shows the hierarchy of the UI components of the application in an understandable and powerful 3D representation and allows you to change the UI on the fly. The idea is similar to Firebug or Web Inspector for sites.
So what should this once-dominant player in the smartphone market do in light of these vague and depressing forecasts? What can a company do to support dedicated BlackBerry fans watching their friends and colleagues move to other platforms?
Partners will pay Finnish developers Clash of Clans and Hay Day $ 1.5 billion, which means that the company’s value has quadrupled over the past seven months (in April the company received an investment of $ 130 million with a total valuation of 770 million).
A new service called App Mention Alerts is launching its own alternative to Google Alerts, which offers a notification and tracking panel designed specifically for mobile application developers.
Monetization and marketing
- iPhone 5S got a "blue screen of death"
- ARM64 and you
- Apple invites to look at new products on October 22
- Network caching in iOS. Introduction
- Application Rejects in the AppStore
The comments talk about application rejects.
- Xcode: managing dependencies of our own libraries in projects. Cocoapods advanced
- IPhone 5s crashes twice as often as 5s
- iPhone is losing new customers
- How I launched the VPN service under Android (Part 2): The path to the correct UI, the importance of testing ( Part 1 )
- Audiofocus - access control to the audio subsystem
- Aviate - a new adaptive launcher
- Humble Bundle with Android 7
- Weakened SSL in android devices?
- Unlock Android Screen Using NFC
- Google Play shows higher growth, but still inferior to Apple App Store in revenue
- Google’s Mobile Meter will keep track of applications
- Google Play will start showing tablets only applications created for them
- Themer app has received half a million to give ordinary users the tools to customize their phones
- Third update for Windows Phone 8
- Microsoft Launches Remote Desktop App for iOS and Android
- The worst thing to do at Microsoft
- Game Insight Interview on Kakao
- Interactive comparison table of mobile frameworks
- 3 ways to develop
- New Mozilla Application Manager Eases Debugging Process for Firefox OS
- KODAK Network Services API for printing photos
Monetization and marketing
- How to make money on your players even when they don’t play
- Facebook mobile ads for iOS bring 17 times more Android
- Airpush buys $ 15 million Hubbl
- Facebook acquires Onavo
- The key to success in free-to-play is knowing your player