PHP Digest No. 137 (August 6 - 20, 2018)
PHP 7.3.0 Beta 2 and other releases, a sentence from PHP Internals, a portion of useful tools, video recording “Writing a blockchain in PHP”, and much more.
News and Releases
- PHP 7.3.0 Beta 2 - The third and final beta is expected on August 30th. A complete list of changes to the branch 7.3 . For extension developers, a list of changes in the internal API is also available .
Innovations PHP 7.3 for 30 seconds in the form of diffs
- PHP 7.2.9
- PHP 7.1.21
- [RFC] Nullable Casting - A draft document in which the author proposes a type conversion with regard to possible null values:Hidden text
$foo = (int) null; // int(0) $bar = (?int) null; // null
- php-enqueue / enqueue-dev - Message queue with support for AMQP (RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ), STOMP, Amazon SQS transports, Redis, Doctrine DBAL, Filesystem, MongoDB. In recent versions , performance has been improved , and asynchronous symfony commands are expected .
- DavidBelicza / PHP-Science-TextRank - Implementation of the TextRank algorithm for automatic summarization of text.
- picocms / Pico - Simple and fast file CMS.
- acelot / resolver - Autoresolver dependencies for PHP 7. Sent by eee .
- tebru / gson-php - google / gson port in PHP.
- Roave / BackwardCompatibilityCheck - The library finds potential backward compatibility issues between the two versions of your package.
- apisearch-io / search-server - Full-text search engine implemented in PHP.
- noximo / PHP-colored-ascii-linechart - Draws color graphics in the console with ASCII lines.
- soluble-io / soluble-mediatools - Wrap ffmpeg to work with video files.
- maxbeckers / amazon-alexa-php - A skill development library for Amazon Alexa. Alternative phoice / phlexa-expressive-skeleton .
- Symfony Week # 607 (August 13-19, 2018)
- Symfony Week # 606 (August 6-12, 2018)
- 40% discount on passing symfony and Twig certification until the end of September
- How to build a scalable symfony application on Kubernetes
- Determine dynamic access rules in the database
- Running base migration on production system using symfony and doctrine
- Step-by-step creating a symfony 4 bundle
- degree757 / yii2-s - Another attempt to run Yii2 on Swoole . Alternative deepziyu / yii2-swoole .
- PHP, YII2 and the formation of large excel-files
- Laravel v5.6.30 , v5.5.42 - Security Bug Fixes.
- Handling Laravel Email Inbox with Mailgun
- Laravel + JWT Tutorial
- Configuring Xdebug with PhpStorm and laravel / valet
- Docker for Laravel multi-stage builds
- Magento Tech Digest # 27: Aug 06 - Aug 13, 2018
- Max Pronko AMA # 9 - About Bootstrap JS / CSS in Magento 2, Performance, PHPStorm live templates
- We configure PhpStorm with Xdebug for local development in Docker
- Recipe for automatically changing the PHP version when moving to a folder with the cd command
- Good practices for using comments in code
- About negative architecture - rules that ensure that certain situations cannot occur in your code.
- Service locator - antipattern
- Do not clone your PHP objects - use myclabs / DeepCopy
- New technique of hacking PHP-applications - Previously
unserialize(), there was a constant source of vulnerabilities, but for more than a year now, problems in it have not been treated as security . In a post about vulnerabilities in the stream handler (stream wrapper)
- Swoole PHP extension vulnerability analysis [CVE-2018-15503]
- Book: Creating your first PHP application with Docker - Available for free after subscribing to a newsletter. Sent by lex111 .
- What's wrong with popular articles telling that foo is faster than bar?
Audio and video
- Dependency management is more than just “composer update”
- Fabien Potencier: Writing a blockchain in PHP
Thanks for attention!
If you notice an error or inaccuracy - please inform the PM .
Write questions and suggestions by mail or twitter .
Search links for all digests
← Previous release: PHP Digest number 136