How to create working landing pages
Landing - landing. Landing pages - landing pages.
You have long known that landing pages are the basis of any advertising, including mailing . These are exactly the pages to which the user lands from any advertisement - and the effectiveness of this advertisement ultimately depends on how they are made. This article will discuss how to eat a fish and not to choke on a bone, namely: to improve conversion due to grounding pages, and at the same time improve the search performance of your site.
Do not be greedy to create new landing pages
The main rule of grounding pages: they need to produce and multiply. They should appear quickly and easily, in large numbers.
The first reason for this rush is the unwritten rule to create a separate grounding page for each newsletter. Below you will read tips on how this can be avoided if resources are running out for some reason. But it’s better to plan your page creation this way. You can create a grounding page template and later simply fill it with content. This can save time.
The essence of this action is that the page, which is more carefully tailored to the CTA (call to action, call) mailing list, gives a large conversion. As a rule, the difference between conversion with a well-thought-out grounding page and a similar page taken “at random” (read - ill-considered) is 30-50%. Since the purpose of your newsletter is conversion, the grounding pages are an important tool to achieve the goal.
Press the button - you will get the result
Everything is simple with grounding pages: they must be connected to the newsletter. The same principle applies here as when buying ads, for example, Yandex Direct or Google AdWords. If you offer sandals to a man, and brought him to a page with rubber boots, you have lost him. Unfortunately, this error is very common. In approximately 40% of cases, advertisements lead to the wrong place, and 0.5% fall on a link that comes "nowhere," a 404 error. The result is a low or zero conversion to the wasted marketing budget. Therefore, when creating a mailing letter, immediately create the text of the grounding page. Start with a CTA and design your newsletter content and page content so that the customer smoothly follows them like a sales funnel. After all, it is the newsletter with the grounding page that is the entrance to this funnel.
Higher and higher (in the top)
Another great thing in the numerous grounding pages - they can still be used for SEO, search engine optimization. We won’t tell you the truth if we say that the more pages a site has and the better they are optimized, the more “relevant” (read - “on business”) and the more reliable the site “sees” for search engines. Improving the SEO performance of your site through grounding pages is by no means a byproduct of competent activity in organizing the process of mailing. This can and should, in theory, be an important part of your marketing activities, in principle, so get your SEO specialist to help the copywriter, designer and layout designer who develop mailing and grounding. This can be done quite simply as follows:
- Before starting to create a newsletter, an SEO specialist wishes to know which keywords are especially relevant now. This point needs to be coordinated with what the distribution will be devoted to. What will be given priority is decided through negotiations. Sometimes, certain keywords can help come up with a specific storyline for the newsletter. More often - initially there is a newsletter topic, and from your set of relevant keywords you need to choose the appropriate ones.
- After the grounding page is created, attract an SEO specialist to look at it and possibly compact the number of keywords mentioned on the page. Of course, be careful not to make machine text out of the page - remember that you need coversion in the first place, so do not overdo it with optimization. Use it sparingly.
God created the world in 7 days and you look at this world ...
Remember the joke about the tailor who made the costume for too long? When he was reproached that even God created the world in 7 days, to which he said, “So you look at this world, and look at my suit . ” So, this rule does not work for the Internet in principle, but for grounding pages in general. The average speed of sending mailings in the whole galaxy is 1 mailing per week. Ideally, this should mean one grounding page per week. If your webmasters do not cope with this task, you have a choice of the following solutions:
- Hire more webmasters
- Use the same pages several times, with small alterations
- Streamline the process - understand what slows down webmasters and eliminates interference
- Optimize planning - often we don’t have enough time to meet deadlines due to poor planning - you may be putting additional tasks on your webmasters when they need to do the page
- Refuse from grounding pages and lead users immediately to certain pages of the site, for example, a standard product page if you are an online store. This affects conversion most often badly, it can be only 0.001%.
- Refuse from the grounding page and do everything as in paragraph 5 of the BUT to “finish” this page a bit - for example, add more motivating text and more photos there. This way you unload the webmasters, but load the copywriter. The conversion rate may be slightly higher, up to 0.5% on average.
Any of the options listed above can be used to achieve one single goal, namely: create grounding pages quickly. The faster and more you can make them, and at the same time, qualitatively, taking into account all the recommendations, the more happiness you can blame.
In the comments we would like to hear:
- Criticism. What we did not say, what else had to be given in this text. We will consider for the future.
- Experience. You have already used this technique. Or use it now. What did you do or will succeed? Preferably with numbers and examples.
- What you want to write, but what we still have no idea.
Good luck with your mailing lists! Let them be useful and interesting.