Flatbed scanner from Casio (android)
Casio is actively preparing to launch a new tablet on Android, the main feature of which is the ability to use it as a scanner. The tablet is equipped with special software for character recognition. Handwritten text and special characters are recognized quite well (under the cut video). It is necessary to arrange a crash test with the help of doctors.
The tablet is called Paper Writer. Target audience - businessmen, corporate employees and others like them. Estimated price - $ 2500.
- 10-inch screen (1280x800), IPS
- processor - 1.5GHz dual-core OMAP4460
- rubberized case (moisture protection + resistance to shock of reasonable force)
- battery - 7,000 mAh (about 12 hours of operation)
- Android 4.0
- Bluetooth® Ver4.0 + EDR
- mini HDMI
- USB 2.0 (A, B)
- weight - 780 g.
- Wi-Fi 802.11a / b / g / n
- cameras (front and rear) - 5 MP
- card slots memory (SD, microSD)
- RAM - 1 GB
- Internal memory - 16 GB
Sales will begin in November (Japan), a little later - in other countries.
Casio promise to fully support the tablet for several years, so that users do not have problems with updating the software.