Android 2.2 (Froyo) on Galaxy S - late October
The long-awaited update of Android 2.2 (Froyo) was officially announced. Residents of Russia will be able to put it on their Galaxy S smartphones at the end of October - using the Kies program.
The Android 2.2 platform in Galaxy S for the Russian market offers a pre-installed Navifon navigation with voice guidance while driving and support for the traffic jam display mode. Plus, navigation in both pedestrian and car modes is provided. Also, the Android 2.2 platform increases productivity thanks to JIT (Just in Time) dynamic compilation technology. In addition, the update includes support for Search in-browser, Adobe Flash Player 10.1, as well as advanced user settings:
- Built-in task manager to manage running processes and applications
- Google MapsTM Route Maps,
- Adobe Flash Player 10.1: allows the browser to use any network resources,
- Setup Wizard: Quick and easy setup of Galaxy S and access to networks,
- The uTalk instant messaging application supports the most popular chat protocols and social networks.
- Home Screen / View and Edit Menus: Super Fine Zoom View
- Google Services: Web Browser, Gmail, Gtalk, Android Market Application Catalog.