10 most interesting Long Bets bets
Long Bets is a site where anyone can make a bet or make a long-term forecast of any event of scientific or social interest.
The minimum bid amount is $ 200;
The minimum term is 2 years
Below is a list of the 10 most interesting bets that are currently active:
1. Until 2029, no computer or artificial intelligence will pass the Turing Test.
2. By 2012, the Wall Street Journal and the New York Times will refer to Russia as “the world leader in software development.”
3.By 2030, unmanned passenger aircraft will be commonplace
4. At least one person alive in 2000 will still be alive in 2150.
5. In 2108 , an independent, intelligent AI will exist as a corporation. He will provide his services and independently make all financial and strategic decisions.
6. By the end of 2020, at least one professional sports team will have a woman.
7. Until 2018, the Large Hadron Collider will destroy the Earth.
8. Until 2020no one will receive the Nobel Prize for work on the theory of superstrings, M-theory, or any other field theory that describes all the forces of nature.
9. Until 2025, the existence of Yeti will be proved .
10. Until December 6, 2025, the first, true interstellar mission starts to the nearest star to us, except for the Sun, or even further, and will be widely supported by the public.
PS By clicking on the links, you can familiarize yourself with the arguments that the opponents give. After all, rigorous argumentation is an important criterion for declaring a bet.
UPD: moved to Popular Science.