PHP Digest number 147 (January 1 - 14, 2019)
Fresh selection with links to news and materials. In the release: updates to all PHP branches, Deployer 6.4, doctrine / migrations 2.0, Psalm 3 and other releases, Nikita Popov in JetBrains, PHP Internals news, a portion of useful tools, videos, and much more.
News and Releases
- Nikita Popov joined the PhpStorm team at JetBrains — Nikita is well known in the community as a contribution to the core and userland libraries. Nikita delivered to PHP such features as generators , AST , exceptions instead of errors , a single variable syntax , functions with a variable number of parameters , argument unpacking , PHPParser and FastRoute libraries , and much more . At JetBrains, Nikita will continue to develop PHP.
- PHP 5.6.40 - Security update. And although the 5.6 branch is not officially supported anyway, nevertheless, if critical security problems are discovered, the team will still release fixes.
- PHP 7.3.1
- PHP 7.2.14
- PHP 7.1.26
- PHP fwdays'19 - The seventh year in a row, on June 1, the biggest PHP-conference of Ukraine will be held in Kiev. This year, 800 participants, 3 streams of practical reports, a corner of speakers, afterparty are planned. Especially for readers of PHP Digest 15% discount on the promo code: PHP-digest-fwdays .
- [PHP] FFI - Despite concerns about security and stability, the vote on FFI was successful and the proposal was accepted. So FFI will be delivered in the next major release.
- [RFC] mb_str_split - It is proposed in mbstring to add a function to split a multibyte string into equal substrings.
- [RFC] Typed Properties 2.0 — Nikita announced that the typed properties are complete and complete, and also recommended experimenting more to find problems early. Rasmus Schultz in his post discusses possible design problems when using typed properties.
- Deployer 6.4.0
- vimeo / psalm - Powerful Vimeo static analyzer. Version 3 adds a Language Server and support for fixing the initial state (baseline). More in the announcement .
- doctrine / migrations 2.0
- php-censor 1.0.0 - PHP CI server.
- ankitpokhrel / tus-php v1.0 - Server implementation and server tus.io open protocol for renewable file downloads. The protocol is used in Vimeo , Cloudflare , and Git LFS .
- mtownsend5512 / read-time - The library will help show the time for reading the specified text.
- Roave / no-floaters - Plugin for PHPStan , which prohibits use
- sunrise-php / http-header-kit - Helpers for installing various HTTP headers in PSR-7. Sent by fenric .
- krakjoe / mimus - Lightweight implementation of mocks.
- formapro / telegram-bot-php - A simple library without anything extra to create Telegram bots.
- Symfony Week # 628 (January 7-13, 2019)
- Symfony Week # 627 (December 31, 2018 - January 6, 2019)
- Videos from SymfonyLive London 2018
- spatie / laravel-honeypot - A small package for protecting forms from spam.
- RJAPI / api-generator - Laravel application generator based on OpenAPI spec. Sent by ArthurKushman .
- Laracon Online 2019
- Video reports from Laracon Online 2018
- Laravel Snippet # 1 - A new weekly Taylor podcast about what happened to Laravel over the week.
- blog.laravel.com - The Laravel website now has a writingink / wink based blog instead of Medium.
- How an HTTP request is processed in Laravel
- Tips and best practices for Laravel 5.7
- What I hate for Eloquent ORM
- Again about Laravel Nova, and comparison with Sharp
- XSS vulnerability in league / commonmark
- Review of Paragon Initiative plans for 2019
- Exploit PHP Remotely - WAF Rule & Filter Bypass
- reactphp / socket - Asynchronous TCP / IP socket for ReactPHP. The latest release v1.2.0 adds support for TLS 1.3 .
- Drupal Digest - 2018 / December
- WordPress Month: December 2018
- Rarst / laps - Simple userland profiler for WordPress.
- What awaits us in PHP 7.4 - Sent berezuev .
- Tips for speeding up PHPUnit tests
- Writing serverless Hello World in PHP for AWS Lambda using serverless.com .
- How to speed up code review
- Antipattern naming - Also in the topic naming tips from samdark .
- Semantic versioning in examples
- phpapprentice.com - Online book for learning the basics of PHP.
- We use annotations in PHP to the maximum
- Little about lexical analysis
- Something about namespace
- RoadRunner: PHP is not created to die, or Golang to the rescue
Audio and video
- Beachcasts Tech Videos - Adam Culp stream and video tutorials .
- Astrocasts - Another source of quality streams in PHP, this time from Beau Simensen .
Short audio version of the digest in the five-minute PHP podcast PHP Issue №46
Thanks for attention!
If you notice an error or inaccuracy - please inform the PM .
Write questions and suggestions by mail or twitter .
More news and comments on the PHP Digest Telegram channel .
Search for links on all digests
← Previous release: PHP Digest number 146