Small but harmful UI online store. How to spoil the reputation of all the products on the site at once?

    Imagine that you are in the online store. In the book. Choose a book as a gift. You yourself have not read it, so you have to rely on the opinion of other buyers. Go to the page, you want to see the reviews and see just such a scale.

    Would you buy such a book?

    Most readers of our telegram channel are not.

    If half of the feedback is negative, it is a reason to think about the quality of the product.

    But this edition seems to be better.

    Would you buy?

    Most readers of our channel - yes. But a quarter of those who voted would still refuse.

    The more positive reviews and the less negative ones, the better the book. Is it logical And if both editions are similar in key characteristics, it is reasonable to choose a product with a higher score. That is the second book.

    And now let's check how many positive and negative reviews the readers left in the first case.

    The first book, no one rated. Not one like, not one dizlyka. The store did not have any data to draw a green or red scale. NI-KA-KIH. But the scale looks like half of the readers didn’t like it.

    What are the chances of this book being sold? Very doubtful.

    The second book has seven positive reviews and not one negative. Formally, she liked 100% of readers. But the scale is flooded with green color only by 80%. Why is that? Unknown. Meanwhile, the remaining 20% ​​of the "red" kill about 20% of the conversion. Someone will not pay attention to the pale gray number 7 (or 5, 6, 8, 9), but notice two centimeters of negativity, and this is enough to give up the purchase.

    Can you imagine how the author of the book feels, to whom the online store has 50% of “negative reviews” straight off?

    We know nothing about the feelings of the authors. But we know that the online store has deprived itself of quite tangible money - we were going to buy gifts for the New Year for “Dogs” customers in “Bookvoed”. And they planned to spend on twenty-five books a little more than thirty-five thousand rubles. But the director was frightened by the red color on the feedback scale. And while the company figured out what was happening, the impression had already deteriorated. In the end, did not buy anything.

    Here is this book.

    Now under the book is one like. Formally, this is 100% positive feedback.

    How to deserve a completely green scale? You will not believe. We experimented and found the dependence of the rating on likes. It turned out that the store has such an algorithm. On the left - the number of likes, on the right - the "green" strip.

    0 - 50%
    1 - 57.14%
    2 - 62.5%
    3 - 66.7%
    4 - 70%
    6 - 75%
    7 - 76.92%
    8 - 78.57%
    9 - 80%
    10 - 100%

    “Bookvoed” has serious requirements for books. You need to get ten likes and not a single dislike to earn a reputation as a decent edition. However, this is a requirement for any goods on the site. And at the start, everyone is equally bad.

    Even erasers. Put them to like - so as not to lie.

    Also popular now: