PHP Digest No. 92 - interesting news, materials and tools (August 29 - September 11, 2016)
We bring to your attention the next selection with links to news and materials.
News and Releases
- PHP 7.1.0 RC 1 - The release candidate cycle of the 7.1 branch has started. A total of at least 6 issues are expected to stabilize. The final release is planned to be released before the end of the year.
- JIT for PHP - Dmitry Stogov announced the start of work on the implementation of JIT in PHP. Sources are available here . The code can be compiled and tested like regular PHP. However, at this stage of performance gain, using JIT does not. It is planned to get the result for the next version of PHP, probably 8.0.
We wish Dmitry and the team good luck!
- RFC: Deprecate PEAR / PECL & Replace with composer / pickle - It is proposed to get rid of obsolete PEAR, instead include Composer and Pickle in the distribution package for installing extensions.
- RFC: Add PHP Engine Identifier Constant - It is proposed to add a constant
PHP_ENGINE, the value of which would indicate the type of engine (
hhvmetc.). And also optionally a few more constants
PHP_(*_)ENGINE(_ID), in which there will be version information.
- Simple Regex Language - The library allows you to write regular expressions in a human-readable language. Sent is askew . Habrapost in support.
- etsy / phan - Static analyzer for PHP. Support post: Preparing legacy applications for PHP 7 using Phan .
- ovr / phpsa - Another static analyzer for PHP. Tutorial for use.
- Youshido / GraphQL - Implementation of the GraphQL protocol according to the specifications from Facebook .
- Maikuolan / phpMussel - Malicious file scanner in PHP, uses ClamAV signatures.
- ircmaxell / RandomLib - Library for generating random numbers and strings of various cryptographic strength.
- deuill / go-php - PHP binders for Go lang.
- swarrot / swarrot - An extensible library for working with messages from various brokers (AMQP out of the box).
- prolic / HumusAmqp - PHP 7 AMQP.
- php-vcr / php-vcr - Records HTTP calls in your tests and then “plays” the responses during subsequent test runs, thereby speeding up the runs and determining the result.
- markrogoyski / math-php - Mathematical library for PHP. Implemented the ability to work with matrices / vectors, numerical analysis, statistics and more.
- Yii 2 Conference 2016 - Mini-conference on Yii 2 in Kiev on September 24.
- How to use UrlManager to configure routing and create “friendly” URLs
- Yii 2 Tutorial: Meeting Planner
- Laravel 5.3: Preparing for development (for beginners)
- Lumen 5.3
- krlove / eloquent-model-generator - Console utility for generating Eloquent model code from database tables.
- Detecting potentially malicious PHP code using checksums and heuristics in the syntax tree
- How to Avoid Near-Immutable Objects in PHP - About Using Arrays and Resources in Immutable Objects.
- Introducing PageObject - About Usage in Tests.
- Data Types in PHP and MySQL
- PHP 7.1 Overview
- Magically build a project on WordPress using package managers and a file
- CRUD and related operations in the CleverStyle Framework
- About frameworks
- PHPixie vs Laravel
- Do not put favicon on the site - get double traffic from Chrome
- PHP: the wrong way
Audio and video
- 9th Symfony Moscow Meetup - Video Recordings.
- Codeception Tutorial with Laravel
- Video recordings of reports and workshops with PHP Conference Asia 2016
- Symfony Catalunya 2016 - Video Recordings of reports.
- Sample code that is syntactically valid in PHP and Java and produces the same output
- Why does the quality of PHP questions fall on Stack Overflow? - Fun SO data analysis .
- Sticker exchange between user groups PHP 2016
- PHPMap - A map of PHP developers around the world.
Thanks for attention! If you notice a mistake or inaccuracy - please inform me in PM .
Questions and suggestions write to mail or twitter .
Send links to interesting articles or useful tools that were not in the PHP Digests , and your name will be next to the link in the release.
» Send link
» Quick search for all digests
← Previous release of PHP Digest No. 91