PHP Digest number 143 (November 1 - 12, 2018)
Fresh selection with links to news and materials. In the release: PSR-18 adopted, Packagist’s PHP version statistics, mitap announcements and mitap maps, PHP 7.3.0RC5 and other releases, a portion of useful tools, about the future of a PHP digest, and much more.
For more than 6 years, I have published a digest on the Zfort Group blog. However, the company Zfort Group decided not to renew the corporate subscription to Habré. In addition, at the moment I work in JetBrains in the PhpStorm team. Therefore, since the next issue, the PHP Digest will be publishing from my pronskiy account into PHP hubs , Web development , and framework hubs, but without a corporate blog. The digest also has a Telepham channel @phpdigest , in which I will post actual links and the latest news, besides the digests themselves. Thank you very much for reading digests, together we will make PHP better!
News and Releases
- PSR-18: HTTP Client - Standard officially adopted! This allows you to write applications that do not depend on what kind of HTTP client is used under the hood.
- PHP 7.3.0RC5 - The penultimate release candidate in the loop. The final release is expected on December 6th.
- PHP 7.1.24
- PHP 7.2.12
- PhpStorm 2018.3 Public Preview
- PHP Version Statistics - 2018.2 - Traditional compilation of statistics for six months based on the information Composer sends when connecting to packagist.org. The total share of PHP 7 is already 84%. A slightly more realistic statistics will show the project phpVatch , which monitors the first million top sites from Alexa with an open version of PHP.
- Onliner PHP Meetup # 2 - November 17, Minsk.
- ThinkPHP # November 17 - 18, Kharkov.
- CODEiD - PHP Odessa Conf # 5 - December 8 and 9, Odessa. For readers of the digest there is a “PHPDIGEST” code with a 10% discount.
- [RFC] Preloading - Voting on preloading files has already started and will run until November 14. Judging by the current results in PHP 7.4, we are waiting for a new opportunity and higher performance!
- infection / infection 0.11.0 - Framework for mutational testing. In the new version of 20 new mutators, the launch of tests in random order, and other improvements .
- crocodile2u / chainy - Mini pipelines to replace nested calls to string / array functions. Sent crocodile2u .
- jms / serializer v2.0 - Many improvements, reduced memory consumption and performance gains up to 35%, PHP 7.2+. Read more about the release and plans for the blog. and future plans can be read in the blog . Sent by @dmitrybalabka
- php-casbin / php-casbin - Authorization library with support for access control ACL, RBAC, ABAC.
- brick / math - Library for working with arbitrary precision numbers.
- php-decimal / ext-decimal - The extension implements decimal arithmetic with arbitrary precision and correct rounding.
- rectorphp / rector - AST tool for updating applications. In the process of an interesting PR upgrade version of PHP. Post in support.
- Insolita / unused-scanner - Search for unused dependency comosser.
- php-ai / php-ml - Library for machine learning in PHP. Examples of use: code-valuation valuation , stock price forecast .
- Symfony Week # 619 (November 5-11, 2018)
- Symfony Week # 618 (October 29 - November 4, 2018)
- Podcast Three Devs & A Maybe: About the Symfony Ecosystem with Nicolas Grekas
- Symfony and Twig certifications are now available online.
- writingink / wink - Blogging a la Medium / Ghost based on Laravel.
- RJAPI / raml-json-api - Laravel code generator - on RAML input, on JSON-API output
- launcher-host / mercurius - Messenger for Laravel apps via Pusher
- Another developer on the Laravel team is Dries Vints who joined Taylor and Mohamed .
- Good practices using Laravel queues
- We send Laravel notifications to Twitter
- Middleware and Pipeline features in Laravel
- Joomla 3.9
- WooCommerce 3.5
- Vulnerability of RCE in WooCommerce - Disadvantages of the implementation of access rights in WordPress, can lead to escalation of privileges in WordPress plugins.
- Cheat Sheet for secure WordPress configuration
- Matt Mullenweg answers questions on WordCamp Portland 2018
- How I created a “wizard” for WordPress from my deep laziness
- Manage your CMS modules using composer
- About using objects instead of arrays - In support of the spatie / data-transfer-object library .
- About serverless architecture and the cost of a puzzle game on RNP returntrue.win
- Website using Serverless PHP, AWS Lambda and Bref
- Writing a PHP extension on Rust using FFI.
- How to make an extension for PHP7 harder than "hello, world", and not become a red-eyed. Part 1 , Part 2
- friendsofphp.org - Map of PHP mitap around the world. Post in support.
- syyongx / php2go - Implementing PHP built-in functions on Go.
Thanks for attention!
If you notice an error or inaccuracy - please inform the PM .
Write questions and suggestions by mail or twitter .
Search links for all digests
← Previous release: PHP Digest number 142