SMS from the bank - an endangered species?
- The Federal Law “On the National Payment System” obliged banks to report on any operation.
- The number of SMS from banks has increased significantly.
- Telecommunications operators raised SMS prices for legal entities.
- Banks are looking for workarounds to reduce costs.
Any problem is an opportunity to capitalize on its solution. So the founder of the TIM connect service Vladislav Korolev thought .
By offering banks an alternative option to notify users, you can immediately kill two birds with one stone - make money by providing banks with notification services and destroy disgusting SMS spam.
Since November 2014, when the service was presented at one of the bank conferences, the gradual introduction of this service began. Now customers connected to the banks service will be able to choose this way of receiving notifications. The only bottleneck in this business chain may be the need to independently install the application on the user's smartphone. Although by means of not complicated marketing insinuations it is quite possible to achieve a “word of mouth” effect.
The service website did not find information about banks that were already connected and nothing can be done without registration. According to RBC, some competitors in the industry are skeptical about the project, motivating this with the same bottleneck, as well as the presence of their own banking applications.
How does TIM connect work
Tim connect service acts as an intermediary between the bank and the client. The bank sends information to the Tim connect server, which in turn sends a message to the client’s mobile phone in the form of a push notification. If the client does not view the message within 10 seconds, then it is duplicated in the form of SMS. The bank's client must download the mobile application of the same name, which will independently receive notifications from the bank.
- To date, 22 million rubles have been invested in the development of the service.
- The application was created immediately for three popular platforms (iOS, Android, Windows).
- A simple principle of monetization is to pay for a read push notification.
- Direct sales are used to promote the service.
- About 30 customer banks.
- 15 million rubles - monthly turnover of the company.
- Built-in cost analyzer.
Be that as it may, whether the service succeeds in gaining a critical mass or not is unknown. But only one thing immediately becomes clear - SMS alerts, as we used