Overview of the most interesting materials on data analysis and machine learning No. 37 (February 23 - March 1, 2015)
I present to you the next issue of a review of the most interesting materials on the topic of data analysis and machine learning.
- How we train future big data professionals
- Visualization of Data Science templates is a visual and interesting infographic.
- New features of RStudio (v0.99 Preview): Code Completion
- IPython: version 3.0 released
- Pulsar: eBay real-time data analysis framework
- Deep learning without high costs - a small article from the HighScalability.com portal that tells you that you can start your experiments with Deep Learning now without any large financial investments.
- Machine Learning Libraries - a large list of machine learning libraries, presented in the form of a periodic table and divided into several categories: Big Data, Lua / JS / Clojure, Computer Vision, NLP, C / C ++, R / Julia, Java, Scala, Python.
Theory and algorithms of machine learning, code examples
- Big Data Learning: Spark MLlib
- Unusual Playboy models, or about detecting outliers in data using Scikit-learn
- Google AI mastered 49 old Atari games on its own
- Mistakes to Avoid Using Machine Learning
- User Learning Through Twitter Data Analysis and Machine Learning
- Machine Learning Errors - the author of this publication describes several typical errors that those who use machine learning algorithms to solve their problems face.
- Google R Code Design Standards (Google's R Style Guide)
- Does balancing classes improve classifier results?
- The K prediction algorithm in the k-means clustering algorithm is an interesting feature in the BigML library.
- Deep Speech: Accurate Speech Recognition with Deep Learning and GPU
- Visualization of clusters using R
- Comparison of learning algorithms with a teacher (Supervised learning)
- A series of lessons in machine learning and natural language processing. Lesson 4: Naive Bayes Classifier
Machine Learning Competitions
- Avazu Kaggle Challenge Machine Learning Session Participants Diary
- Machine Learning Contest: Diabetic Retinopathy Detection
Online courses, training materials and literature
- Announcement of the new course: Introduction to Data Science - it is worth noting that the course is paid.
- Book Review: Mastering Scientific Computing with R
- Free eBook: Hadoop for Dummies
- Free eBook: Software Defined Storage for Dummies
- Interview with Andrew Ng at the Deep Learning Summit in San Francisco
- Machine Learning Scaling with R and the H2O Library
- Talking Machines: Episode 5: Interviews with Geoffrey Hinton, Yoshua Bengio, and Yann LeCun: The Inside Machine Learning Story is the fifth episode of the Talking Machines podcast series, in this case a session with bison like Geoffrey Hinton (Google, University of Toronto ), Yoshua Bengio (University of Montreal) and Yann LeCun (Facebook, NYU).
- Apache Spark: what's under the hood?
- Real-time log analysis with Apache Kafka, Cloudera Search and Hue
- Big Data Streaming: Storm, Spark, and Samza
- Big Data Processing in Apache Spark
- Using MongoDb with Hadoop and Spark: Part 1 - Basics and Customization
- Beginning of a New Era: Apache HBase Version 1.0 Release
- Now you can download beta version of Hive-on-Spark
- Interesting from the world of R (February 23 - March 1, 2015)
- Best Content of the Week from KDnuggets.com (February 15-21)
- DataScienceCentral Weekly Digest (March 2)
- Data Science News from MyDataMine.com (February 27)
- Big Data News from MyDataMine.com (February 24)
- Best Resources of the Week from Data Elixir (No.24)
- The weekly collection of the best materials from R1Soft (February 27)
- The most interesting materials on High Scalability (February 27)
Previous issue: Overview of the most interesting materials on data analysis and machine learning No. 36 (February 16 - 22, 2015)