DevOops 2018: free live webcast, party and more
Only a few days are left before the DevOops 2018 conference: it will be held at the congress center of the Park Inn by Radisson Pulkovskaya hotel on October 14. You already know about 17 reports and hundreds of participants, but we have prepared something else.
According to tradition, a free online broadcast of the first hall will be opened directly on YouTube. Between presentations, keynote speakers will be interviewed.
Only the first four of the seven reports (up to and including Baruch and an interview after it) will be broadcast. The video link will work on Sunday morning, when DevOops begins. Now there you can see the program of the first hall.
For those who go live, I want to remind you a few extra chips.
After the presentations, you can sign books from the speakers.
- The books by John Willis (Devops' father, DevOps Handbook and Beyond the Phoenix Project ) will be sold on the spot;
- Baruch Sadogursky (top speaker for Devops, Java, Groovy and many other things, by Liquid Software ) will bring his books and books to Liz Rice;
- Books of the rest of the speakers (for example, “Learning Chef” by Seth Vargo) will have to be brought independently.
After each report, the speaker goes to a dedicated discussion area, where you can talk with him and ask your questions.
Formally, this can be done in a break between reports. Speakers are not required, but usually stay much longer - for example, during the entire next report. Sometimes it makes sense to skip the report from the main program (if you bought a ticket, you still have records) and spend it on focused communication with an important expert.
It is extremely important not to stand on the sidelines, but to participate in the discussion and ask your questions. Popular speakers are often surrounded by a whole crowd of people who want to, so it makes sense to immediately “catch” the speaker, go into the discussion area with him, stand in the front row, and feel free to ask interesting questions.
Communication is not limited to only the report that passes on DevOops. If you have seen many speeches of a particular author, for example, at our other conferences or on YouTube (for those who are with us for the first time as the father of John Willis, devops), you can try to discuss these topics too.
Three BoF Sessions
Immediately after the end of the main program, three parallel BoF sessions are waiting for you.
BoF is now a traditional format. Something like a round table or discussion group in which everyone can take part.
There is no division into a speaker and a participant: everyone participates on a par. This is important for at least two reasons:
- The format of the report is very useful because of its focus on a specific topic and the lack of opportunity to be distracted. Everyone is sitting and listening to the speaker. BoF-session is suitable for full-fledged communication between all participants and allows you to cover a wide range of related topics.
- Among the participants a lot of cool specialists. They do not have a report at this conference, but this in no way diminishes their coolness. Often they are speakers at our other conferences, or occupy leading positions in well-known companies.
- Not everyone has time to ask questions in the discussion area, even if they spent more than an hour with the speaker there.
Drinks and snacks can be enjoyed on the bauf. Anyone who is not full can speak. You can't talk with your mouth full :-)
Three topics are currently planned:
Party with beer and music
In parallel with the BoFs, the party starts. Drinks, snacks, music - all at once. You can chat in an informal setting and discuss everything.
You can move from bof to party. You can move from a party to a bof.
Ignite karaoke battle
No, no, do not worry, no one will sing Leps with all his might. Two participants will appear on the stage, and they will have to tell something on the basis of slides , which they, of course, have never seen before. And the slides, we will try to find what you need, believe me! They will need to build a coherent story, telling one after another. Who can not cope - flies out of the tournament. And so - until the winner.
DevOops 2018 conference will be held at the congress center of the Park Inn by Pulisskaya hotel on October 14, that is, this Sunday. You can still buy tickets on the official website .