Overview of the most interesting materials on data analysis and machine learning No. 29 (December 29, 2014 - January 4, 2015)
I present to you the next issue of a review of the most interesting materials on the topic of data analysis and machine learning.
- Analysis of VKontakte on the example of book preferences of participants in cultural communities
- Deep Learning Resource List - A good list of links to various useful Deep Learning resources.
- Protect your online service with machine learning and big data
- Talking Machines is an interesting site called Talking Machines, which regularly publishes interviews with renowned experts in the field of machine learning.
- 7 best posts from the blog “Beautiful Data” for 2014
- Big Data Labor Market Forecasts for 2015
- 5 Big Data Trends to Watch in 2015
- Big Data Forecasts for 2015 from Big Data Analytics News
- Top 10 Articles of the Year from the Microsoft Technet Machine Learning Blog
- Best Content of the Year: NoSQL Zone
Theory and algorithms of machine learning, code examples
- Hacker Guide to Neural Networks. Chapter 2: Machine Learning. We summarize SVM to a neural network
- Hacker Guide to Neural Networks. Chapter 2: Machine Learning. A More Traditional Approach: Loss Functions
- We play with genetic algorithms
- Analyze text tonality in Excel with Azure Machine Learning and Power Query
- Ask a Data Scientist: How to become a Data Scientist - another article from the popular insideBIGDATA portal from the Ask a Data Scientist series, in this issue we are talking about how to become a Data Scientist and what kind of activity a profession with that name implies.
- A Brief Introduction to Deep Learning
- A brief introduction to R is a short presentation on the basics of the R programming language.
- Building a language detector using Python and scikit-learn
- Matrix operations cheat sheet - A good matrix operations cheat sheet in MATLAB, Python, R, and Julia.
- 11 types of retraining (Overfitting) and tips on how to avoid them
- Classification by the method of logistic regression and optimization by the method of particle swarm - an article from the latest issue of MSDN Magazine is an interesting example of classification by the method of logistic regression using optimization of one of the subspecies of the method of particle swarm, namely Multi-Swarm Optimization (MSO). Code examples are provided in the C # programming language.
- Stochastic gradient boosting: choosing the optimal number of iterations
- Data visualization using GAE Python, D3.js and Google BigQuery (part 4)
- LambdaNet: Haskell AI library
- Working with the Pivot Table in Pandas
- Python Image Basics
Machine Learning Competitions
- Time Series Prediction Competition Solution Option - The author of the Wiekvoet blog in this post describes one solution solution for a machine learning competition dedicated to time series analysis by Rob J Hyndman.
- An interview with the winners of the CIFAR-10 competition is another interview with the participants of the recently completed CIFAR-10 machine learning competition at Kaggle, which was devoted to image recognition issues, in this case an interview with the winners of this competition.
Online courses, training materials and literature
- Machine Learning Literature by Michael I. Jordan (Berkley)
- Overview of Applied Predictive Analytics
- List of Recommended Econometrics Literature - This is another list of econometrics literature recommended by Professor Dave Giles.
- Demonstration of neural networks - a series of short instructional videos on the topic of neural networks.
- Some interesting videos on the topic of Deep Learning - this post presents a small selection of several interesting videos on the topic of Deep Learning.
- DataScienceCentral Weekly Digest (January 5th)
- Best Content of the Week from KDnuggets.com (December 21-27)
- The weekly collection of the best materials from R1Soft (January 2)
- Best Resources of the Week from Data Elixir (No.16)
- Data Mining News from MyDataMine.com (December 30)
- Big Data News from MyDataMine.com (January 1)
- The most interesting materials from Freakonometrics No. 198
- The most interesting materials from Freakonometrics No. 199
- The most interesting materials from Freakonometrics No. 200
- The most interesting materials on High Scalability (January 2)
Previous issue: Overview of the most interesting materials on data analysis and machine learning No. 28 (December 22 - 28, 2014)