The digest of interesting news and materials from the world of PHP No. 49 (September 21 - October 5, 2014)
Today it is exactly two years since the publication of the first PHP digest on Habré. Many thanks to everyone who helped create digests in one way or another, thanks to the developers for great tools, to the authors for their useful articles. Thanks to the whole PHP community, and most importantly, thank you for reading and supporting the PHP digest!
Under the cut, as always, the next selection with links to news and materials.
News and Releases
- Yii 2.0 RC - Release candidate for the second version of the popular framework, which means the final release is coming soon.
- PHP 5.6.1 - First update of a new interpreter branch. Full list of changes.
- Drupal 8 beta
- RFC: Include pecl_sync in the kernel - It is proposed to enable the sync extension .
- Adopted by the RFC: correcting the consistency of list () behavior , removing alternative PHP tags , operator ??
- Mr. Clean - An advanced data filter for PHP. Post about using after.
- Whip - A class for determining the client IP.
- PhpInfo Daemon - A web server for the sole purpose of showing phpinfo.
- WordPressed - ActiveRecord for WordPress implemented on the basis of Eloquent ORM from Laravel.
- Cronner - A simple CRON task manager.
- Intervention Image - A handy library for working with images.
- JustWriting - A simple blog platform based on Markdown.
- Proton - Another microframework in PHP. Post with a description .
- League \ Event - A universal tool for managing events in the application.
- Query Auth - Generate and validate signatures for authentication requests in the REST API.
- retry - A mini library that allows you to repeat failed actions. An example of using goto in PHP .
- Flintstone - Key-value storage for PHP based on simple files.
- zmm - Module Manager for Zephir.
- FBMock - Mock framework from Facebook.
- Awesome Yii Framework - A moderated list of useful extensions and tutorials for Yii.
- Yii 2.0: Dynamically adding validated form fields through a “jacket” (pjax) for a multi-model form
- Yii2 development news digest # 9 May-Sep.'14
- Deploying Symfony Applications with Capifony
- We create our own PHP framework based on Symfony components. - A short tutorial. Fabien published a more detailed guide on creating your own framework : Create your own framework ... on top of the Symfony2 Components .
- Using ZF2 forms with Twig
- Zend Framework 3 Status - An interesting post about the current and future Zend Framework.
- A Journey of a Thousand Bytecodes - About the compilation process in HHVM from PHP script to machine code.
- PHP 5.6 - what's new?
- Using the Google Analytics API in PHP
- Rabbit Behind the Scenes - About using RabbitMQ in PHP applications. The author writes about how to choose a suitable message broker, and also gives examples of using RabbitMQ using the php-amqplib library .
- Composer and virtual packages - About one of Composer features and the use of the provide keyword.
- Interactive debugging of PHP with PsySH - About the excellent REPL for PHP - PsySH and how to integrate the tool into the debugging process of the application.
- Tweet “mood” analysis - Using the viracore / caroline library, tweet text is evaluated.
- Guzzle-Ring and Future Responses - Description of the new features of the upcoming version of Guzzle. The post is about a major change that allows asynchronous requests.
- Creating Twitter Applications in PHP - About using the Twitter REST API using the twitter-api-php library .
- Reducing package connectivity - Library design guidelines.
- Fundamentals of working with LDAP in PHP - In the tutorial directly about LDAP, installing and configuring a local LDAP server, as well as using the Zend / Ldap component.
- Tips for learning the source code of an unfamiliar product - In the continuation of a few more recommendations for working with someone else's code .
- Optimization. Search / store temporary objects
- Launch TravisCI builds locally using RoboCI and Docker
- 27 useful functions for working with arrays in PHP
- Benchmark Recki-CT - Not so long ago, Anthony Ferrara introduced his PHP compiler - Recki-CT . On synthetic tests, the compiler is hundreds of times superior to the traditional PHP interpreter.
- How to use PHPbrew and VirtPHP - Great post on using multiple versions of PHP on the same machine.
- Regular Expression String Generation
Audio and video
- DevConf 2014 - Video recordings of the reports of the PHP section of the conference held in Moscow.
- Video report from WebCamp: Developer Day
- Possible Future of PHP - Founder of ownCloud company and developer of the open-source product for creating cloud storage of the same name , talked about the reasons for choosing PHP for the implementation of his project and reflected on the features that he would like to see in future releases of PHP.
- What a PHP developer should know , 2 , 3 .
Quick Search All Digests
← Previous Issue