New OptimusBoard Developer Board Based on Octa-core big.LITTLE SoC AllWinner A80
The first Cubieboard version 1 debug board on the AllWinner A10 processor was released in October 2012, followed by the release of Cubieboard version 2 , the AllWinner A20 processor. And Cubieboard 3, or Cubietruck . Unlike previous versions, the Cubietruck board additionally housed Wi-Fi + BT wireless modules with a built-in antenna.
In early 2014, NanoXion launched the first colocation hosting based on the CubieBoard (Cubiebox).
At CES 2014, Allwinner Tech unveiled the future Optimus Board based SoC AllWinner A80 debugging board .
Company Shenzhen Merrii Technology (aka WITS)who made development kits for Allwinner Tech processors, developed and introduced the OptimusBoard.
Fee A80 OptimusBoard - developed on an eight SoC AllWinner A80 quad-core Cortex A15, and Cortex A7, running in a mode big.LITTLE .
SoC AllWinner A80
OptimusBoard can be purchased on the AliExpress site for $ 345 plus shipping to Russia $ 92.61 , Fedex service. It is still very expensive, but soon the cost should fall.
- Processor: AllWinner Ultra Core A80 4x Cortex 15, 4x Cortex A7 big.LITTLE with PowerVR GC6230 GPU (64-threads), and support for OpenGL ES 1.1 / 2.0 / 3.0, Directx 9.3
- RAM: 2GB DDR3, the processor supports up to 8GB
- User memory: NAND memory 8 GB, plus MicroSD up to 32 GB
- SATA: there is no information in the official announcement, but most likely there is, because all previous versions of SoC supported
- Video: HDMI 1.4a to 4K30, UHD / 4K H.264 / VP8 4Kx2K @ 30 fps
- Audio: AC100 Codec, headphone jack
- Network Interfaces: Wi-Fi 802.11 b / g / n, Bluetooth 4.0 (AP6330), and Gigabit Ethernet (GMAC)
- USB: one USB 3.0 OTG !!! port, two USB 2.0 host ports
- Camera: 16MP MIPI CSI
- Debugging: UART and JTAG
- Programming: 32-pin GPIO pins, single IR
- Optional: power and reset button, LED indicators
- Power Management: AXP806, AXP809 “smart power management specialist”
- Power supply: 5V DC at 3A, or battery powered
- Size: 135 mm x 70 mm
The board comes with a power adapter, and a debugging cable (UART -> USB). The board is preloaded with Android 4.4.2, Linux 3.4.39. So far, the selection of prepared OS for this board is coming to an end, but Allwinner Tech has promised for SoC AllWinner A80, support for 5 operating systems :
- Chrome OS
- Firefox OS
- Windows RT (!!!)
Perhaps support for other operating systems will require much more time, and we will see them in the near future.
Comparison of performance with other boards:
In addition to OptimusBoard, the A80 also has a pcDuino8 beta board .
Below is a video about the OptimusBoard: