Amazon Attracts Fire Phone Application Developers
No matter how unusual and user-friendly the new operating system is, the main thing that can attract it is a saturated application market. To solve this situation, Amazon launched the Developer Select program - developers receive 500,000 Amazon Coins for each application they launch, adapted for the company's devices.
Amazon Coins is a company’s internal currency that is used to make purchases in their app store. I must make a reservation right away that only digital products can be bought with its help, that is, they cannot pay for a couple of hardcover books.
To receive the award, the developer must fulfill the following program requirements:
- The application must be supported by the following devices : 2nd Gen Kindle Fire (Kindle Fire HD, Kindle Fire HD 8.9 ", and Kindle Fire HD 8.9" 4G), 3rd Gen Kindle Fire (Kindle Fire HD, Kindle Fire HDX and Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 ").
- Support for high resolution , maximum for each of the listed devices.
- Amazon Services Support : Applications must use Amazon In-App Purchasing for in-app purchases and the Amazon Mobile Ads API to serve ads. Games must be integrated with GameCircle .
- All applications must have their own widget using the Home API .
- Non-gaming applications should use the right or left side menu (or both).
- Games should use the Dynamic Perspective SDK to handle custom gestures . It is worth mentioning the fact that in the case of a simple replacement of swipe or gyroscope with head movements, the application will not be allowed to go to the store.
The period for applications to pass verification is about a week. More details about the program are available here . Oh yes, the award is given only for the first three applications from each developer.
PS If in the comments suggest additional options for using Amazon Coins, be sure to add them to the text.