Intel Parallel Studio XE 2013: optimizing performance in a new way
September 13, although not Friday, is still a great day to introduce the new version of Intel Parallel Studio, already well-known to many, which is related to the number 13 - Parallel Studio XE 2013. In this message we will tell you briefly about the composition and the functionality of Parallel Studio XE 2013, as well as its differences from previous versions.
Every developer wants to know how to make their application run faster. Intel Parallel Studio XE contains the latest versions of compilers and libraries, helpers in parallelizing applications, as well as comparison and analysis tools. It integrates seamlessly into Visual Studio and the GNU tool, providing the ability to optimize code not only for the latest IA architecture processors, but also for future models.
Intel Parallel Studio XE 2013 includes:
- Intel Composer XE development kit including:
- Intel C, C ++, and Fortran Compilers
- Libraries of productive mathematical functions lntel MKL and Intel IPP
- Effective Parallel Programming Tools Intel Threading Building Blocks and Intel Cilk Plus
- Intel Advisor XE Concurrency Assist
- Intel VTune Amplifier XE Performance and Parallelization Profiler
- Intel Inspector XE Memory and Parallelization Tool
- Static Analysis Static Analysis Tool
The diagrams below show the increase in application performance when using the C and Fortran compilers from Intel Parallel Studio XE 2013:
Here is a list of innovations in Intel Parallel Studio XE 2013:
- Support for new Intel Xeon processors and Intel Xeon Phi coprocessors
- New Threading Assistant and Intel Advisor XE Tools
- C ++ Performance Optimization Guide
- Support for Fortran standards (F2003, partially F2008) and C ++ 11
- More thorough troubleshooting with Intel Inspector XE
- Intel VTune Amplifier XE is easier to use and provides additional profiling data
- Built-in compiler tool for determining code requesting memory addresses outside the allocated range
The table below shows the options available for building the Parallel Studio 2013 package. Thcbb for two and one language is highlighted in blue.
Full information about Intel Parallel Studio XE 2013 can be found on the official product page .
Everyone can download the 30-day free trial of the product by going to the Intel Software Evaluation Center .