Microsoft Arc Keyboard Review
The other day I bought a Microsoft Arc Wireless Keyboard and here I will tell about my impressions of it.
The keyboard comes with two AAA batteries, a USB receiver (very tiny) and a cloth envelope for the keyboard. In addition, there is a booklet with a user manual in the box. There are no disks in the kit and nothing had to be installed to work. However, you can download the IntelliType Pro support software from this download page .
The dimensions of the keyboard are very small: 31.1 cm by 15.3 cm, it was bought precisely because of the size. It is convenient to hold the keyboard with one hand and type with the other. There is almost no weight on the Arc Keyboard, the keyboard is really very light.
The design of the keyboard corresponds to the name - the curved panel of keys looks great on the table, and when you hold it in your hands the keyboard is pleasing to the eye.
On the back of the keyboard there is a small magnetized compartment for the USB receiver, to which the receiver sticks when you want to remove or move the keyboard.
The keyboard has the following features:
- the arrow buttons are combined in a kind of joystick , which raised doubts about the usability at first glance, but in fact it turned out that working with this joystick is easy and simple. It is believed that this solution can be adopted by other manufacturers of keyboards and even small laptops or netbooks, since such a solution saves a lot of space, while at the same time offering the standard size of a universal button;
- the keyboard has sound control keys;
- the keyboard is turned on by pressing Fn + Esc;
- there are only six function keys on the keyboard, the remaining six are emulated by pressing the combination with the Fn key;
- all keys are full-sized, enter and shift are large;
- the home, end, PgUp, PgDn and Delete keys are moved up to reduce the width of the keyboard;
- I type these lines from a new keyboard and make a few mistakes, because I'm not used to its bends. The key travel in Arc Keyboard is great, the keystrokes are quiet. A significant gap between the buttons is also very pleasing. The only thing that can be confusing in this keyboard is the glossy surface. However, the keys themselves are matte, pleasant and velvet to the touch, but the rest of the surface is glossy and very sensitive to fingerprints.
I really liked the keyboard. Lightweight, miniature and wireless - it is just suitable for remote control of a laptop when it is connected to the TV via HDMI. It was for this purpose that she was bought. Recommend.
PS: the price of the keyboard may vary in stores, but I got it for 2500 rubles.