Data Fest 2018: Announcement and Registration
Friends, we invite you to the fifth Moscow Data Fest, which will be held on April 28 at the territory of the FLACON Design Factory. Data Fest is the largest free conference for researchers, engineers and developers related to machine learning, data analysis and processing, and what the press likes to call AI.
You will learn about AI in Mail.Ru Group products and “smart” answers in Mail.Ru Mail, how recommendations and computer vision work in VKontakte and Odnoklassniki, as well as machine translation in Alibaba and what Quantum Machine Learning is, as well as much, much more another!
Admission to the conference is free, but prior registration is required .
About Data Fest Moscow 2018
Data Fest 2018 - more than 30 different sections in 7 rooms, where you will plunge headlong into the world of Data Science and find out how the community of specialists in this rapidly developing field lives.
Special workshops of leading Russian research groups:
- will teach text analysis and thematic modeling at the BIGARTM master class by Konstantin Vorontsov group, MIPT;
- give best practices in recommender systems at the RecSys master class by Evgeny Sokolov's group, HSE;
- help to understand tensor methods at the master class DeepTensor of the group of Ivan Oseledts, Skoltech;
- show the depths of the Bayesian approach at the DeepBayes workshop by Dmitry Vetrov's group, HSE;
- tell how computer vision works at the master class of Deep Computer Vision group by Victor Lempitsky, Skoltech;
- Conversational intelligence and dialogue systems will be taught at the iPavlov master class by Mikhail Burtsev’s group, Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology.
MAIN STAGE, large pavilion, 1000 people
- 11.00 - 12.45 - speeches by leaders of leading Russian research groups at Machine Learning;
- 13.00 - 14.30 - speeches by leaders of leading Russian research groups in Deep Learning;
- 15.30 - 17.30 - keynote-speeches from foreign speakers (in English);
- 17.45 - 19.15 - ML in large business: how ML is organized and implemented in large companies: Sberbank, MTS and Mail.Ru Group;
- 19.30 - 21.00 - Make ML Great Again: entertaining and informative format of riddles about DS, ML and the imperfection of the world.
PROD STAGE, small pavilion, 350 people
- 11.00 - 12.45 - the real Big Data and how to prepare machine learning on billions of observations;
- 13.00 - 14.30 - Sys ML 1: how the architecture of ML-solutions in algorithmic trading, weather prediction and recruiting boards is arranged;
- 15.30 - 17.30 - Sys ML 2: what does the real ML filling look like on VKontakte, Yandex Alice, smart answers and e-commerce;
- 17.45 - 19.15 - Fit ML: how to shove ML and computer vision with tight iron limits - in Yandex, Prisma and Odnoklassniki autopilots;
- 19.30 - 21.00 - ML failconf, Or the whole truth about those projects where machine learning went awry.
SPACE, 250 people
- 11.00 - 12.45 - PyData, Or Python practice on actual Data Science problems and fresh ML-libraries;
- 13.00 - 14.30 - BigARTM workshop: how to start analyzing the text and build thematic models from the masters of the NLP school in Russia;
- 15.30 - 17.30 - DeepBayes workshop: analysis of recent articles and Deep Learning projects from a group of Bayesian methods;
- 17.45 - 19.15 - True story case-club: analysis of real cases, how and with what results ML helps business;
- 19.30 - 21.00 - DS in E-sports, Or everything you need to know about e-sports: how and who needs Data Science in it.
LUMIERE HALL 1, large hall, 200 people
- 11.00 - 12.45 - ML Training: traditional section with a thorough analysis of the decisions of the winners in ML competitions;
- 13.00 - 14.30 - RecSys workshop: best practices and best practices of recommendation systems;
- 15.30 - 17.30 - Deep Computer Vision workshop: how to properly prepare tasks and applications in computer vision;
- 17.45 - 19.15 - NLP in industry: section with advanced solutions with text analysis found in practice;
- 19.30 - 21.00 - Sigbovik, known as the ML-threshugar section: participants present their crazy applications and fun projects.
LUMIERE HALL 2, small hall, 140 people
- 11.00 - 12.45 - Pitch session: participants can present their projects to the audience in the form of short pitches for 3 + 2 minutes;
- 13.00 - 14.30 - DeepTensor workshop: how tensor methods of machine learning work;
- 15.30 - 1 7.30 - iPavlov workshop: how to train conversational intelligence and complex conversational systems in ML;
- 17.45 - 19.15 - WiML workshop: the first in the CIS official Women in ML workshop with women speakers, serving to popularize ML among girls;
- 19.30 - 21.00 - an entertaining surprise from the organizers of the conference.
LUMIERE HALL 3, second floor, 70 people
- 11.00 - 14.30 - Mock Interview: interactive between participants, where you will practice in conducting and passing interviews;
- 15.30 - 17.30 - express-interview: a series of interviews from the partner companies of the conference;
- 17.45 - 21.00 - Data Speed Dating: a classic speed dating for those who want to meet and find a soul mate.
UNCONFERENCE ZONE, next to Space, 130 people
- 11.00 - 12.45 - Open Mic: a free microphone where anyone can introduce themselves in a 2 + 1 minute format and tell them what they are doing;
- 13.00 - 21.00 - Unconference + Mini Meetups: participants in a free format cooperate in an open area, hold mini-meetings and tell each other lectures and workshops.
Registration for the Data Fest will begin at 9:00, the first reports will begin at 11:00.
At lunchtime, interesting activities are planned from partner companies, as well as informal communication with the Data Science community. After the event, Afterparty will be held :)
Admission to the conference is free, but preliminary registration is required .
More information and news - on the official website .
See you at Data Fest!