How to compose your sales script. How to get around the secretary
It was in this sales department that it all started.
Extensive telephone sales guide for b2b, part 3 of 4.
In this part: I will tell you how to create a good sales script for yourself, as well as what tricks to use to get around the secretary and contact the head directly. References to the previous parts are indicated at the beginning of the article.
In the previous parts:
Stages of sales. Establishing contact. Identification of needs - part 1 of 4
Presentation of the product, work with objections, completion of the transaction - part 2 of 4
As you can see from the names of the previous parts, the basics have already been completed. All stages of sales were disassembled and there were additional, but very significant questions for b2b, to which I will give answers in this part.
How to create a sales script
I will describe the general principles, but I will mainly focus on scripts for cold sales, since hot ones will be of little interest to anyone simply because few people have an incoming call flow or an extensive customer base. If suddenly there is someone who needs help with hot sales, you can write to me - I will help for free than I can.
Many people think that a sales script is some kind of set of rules that should be strictly adhered to, but this is not at all the case. In fact, the sales script is the mass of your prepared reactions to the alleged customer reactions.
* previously learned from the secretary the name of the director or other decision maker *
- Simple greeting
- Good afternoon, my name is Kim Sargsyan, a marketer at Videolom video studio. You can just Kim. Vasily Ivanovich, right?
- Yes, that's right.
- Very nice, Vasily! I am calling you to discuss the possibility of mutually beneficial cooperation. Tell me, how much time can you devote to our conversation?
Important: this is the driest and most inefficient method, but it is quite working and can be taken into everyday life.
- Statistical data
- Good afternoon, my name is Kim Sargsyan, a marketer at Videolom video studio. We are committed to increasing the sales of any business using video with a payback of one month and we are the only ones who provide such services in the market. Vasily Ivanovich, right?
- Non-standard analogy
- Good afternoon, my name is Kim Sargsyan, a marketer at Videolom video studio. We are committed to increasing the profit of people in your circle using a selling video. Our video was somehow called the seller of the year, only not requiring a salary. Vasily Ivanovich, right?
- Beautiful cases
- Good afternoon, my name is Kim Sargsyan, a marketer at Videolom video studio. We make a selling video for business. Google, Facebook, Uber - our customers this quarter. Vasily Ivanovich, right?
- Demonstration of Benefits
- Good afternoon, Vasily Ivanovich. My name is Kim Sargsyan, a marketer for Videolom video studio. We make a selling video that increases the sales of any business with a payback of a maximum of a month. Due to the fact that the video works around the clock and seven days a week, it makes a profit when the employees at the rate are resting. If you are looking for sellers who do not need to pay a salary, you are our client (the name is not necessary to specify, but it is desirable, but this is not always appropriate).
Options for identifying needs
It is advisable to use open-ended questions. To do this, it’s worth starting the question with the pronouns: “Who?”, “What?”, “What?”, “Which?”, “Why?”, “Why?”, “How?”, “For what?”, “Where?”, “When?” . Actually, the options for asking questions:
- What do you think about ...?
- How do you usually ...?
- Tell me, what is the reason that you ...?
- What are the next steps?
- What do we do?
- What is our task?
- How do you feel about ...?
- How do you currently ...?
- What do you mean by ...?
- What can you get if ...?
- How did you come up with the idea ...?
- What would you like to change in ...?
- How do customers react to ...?
- What do you do to ensure ...?
Important: before asking a question regarding the “kitchen” of your interlocutor (that is, any question), be sure to justify your question:
- In order for me to choose the perfect option for you, let me ask you some questions / clarify some information ... * a very short pause, followed by your questions *.
When working with the same product, but with different customers, you will definitely notice that the problems for everyone are about the same. Record and remember every need of each client - so it will be easier for you to quickly understand what the "current" interlocutor "hurts". And do not forget about joining the client’s values: for his ears you have similar problems with him, there was a “such” situation; your opinions surprisingly coincide, while you completely agree with the client.
Product Presentation Options
The stage of presentation is closely related to the stage of working out objections, so you can focus on this stage. Further similar principles will be used.
* The property of your product + the prepared beginning for the presentation of benefits *
- It allows you ...
- It gives you ...
- Thanks to this you can ...
- With this you will get ...
- For you, this means ...
- Due to what you will save ...
It was :
- We work directly with suppliers.
- We work directly with suppliers, so you save 12% on each purchase. Thus, making an order for 100 thousand, you pay only 88 thousand. For you, this means that with a monthly order for the year you will save about 140 thousand rubles. This saved amount is almost enough for another two, consider free deliveries every year.
In addition, to demonstrate the benefits of your product to the client, you can also get rid of unnecessary problems in the future by eliminating the most common objections.
- Make a general list of objections (you still need it);
- Consider how many times what objection you heard;
- Form TOP objections, where you select 10% of the most common objections among your clients;
- Find the perfect argument to counter this objection;
- Without waiting for an objection from the client, you mention the problem yourself, immediately giving it your ideal answer;
Thus, you simply take away from the client the chance to object to you, because there is no reason to object. Important: do not use this technique if you intend to raise a rare objection. Otherwise, you will raise an objection about which the client might not even have thought.
- I noticed that people usually say "I will think" in cases where they do not see obvious benefits for themselves. If you don’t see her, tell me honestly right away.
What do we have specifically in this case? The client will not only give you the most honest answer in the world (probably), but will tell you directly what exactly confuses him. Thus, repelling the objection in the future will be much easier.
How to work out objections
The algorithm is very simple:
- Listen to the customer
- Partially agree (let the client understand that he has the right to an opinion)
- Specify the reasons for objection
- Turn an implicit objection into a pronounced
- Parry the objection with your argument on the situation (more on that below)
- You have too high prices.
- I agree that our prices differ from the market average. Tell me, as I understand it, that you need some reason and justification to pay that kind of money?
- Of course.
- Let me ask you another question: suppose we settle the issue with the price - is there anything else that is holding you back?
- Probably not (if so, find out exactly what. It also happens that the customer’s requirements are excessively high, and he just doesn’t suit you, anyway. You can’t sell everything to everyone, no matter how well you can sell).
- Unlike other prices on the market, our price includes attracting video views on your YouTube channel, as well as developing a personal image screen saver to your selling video. All this allows you to quickly increase your brand recognition. Consequently, your profits are increasing, while you do not spend a dime of extra money. What do you think?
- Sounds good.
- I am glad that you like this option. Tell me, are there any other questions that we should discuss?
- Listen to
- Partially agree
- Fend off
- Switch attention
- We are not interested in your offer.
- Of course, because you have not yet seen the calculation of how much money the selling video will bring in the first month you work on your site. Last month we received 5 new customers thanks to the recommendations. Would you recommend us if you did not find our services useful? Of course no. Tell me, what is the current conversion on your site?
- Listen to
- Fend off
- Switch attention
- We are already planning to order a video from another studio.
- Our scenarios were developed using data from advanced scientific research in the field of neurobiology, which allows us to have the maximum impact on the target audience of our clients, who increase their income in the first month of our video on their sites. Take a look at the catalog of recent works ...
Important: I would not recommend using the latter option if the client is initially negatively configured, since without an emotional connection (which is not here), you will only move away from the interlocutor.
Record each objection of each client. Remember objections and answers to them. Simply put, the drain of several hundred customers is simply inevitable, because I recommend using a less valuable contact base than the one you will use in the end when you have a scheme with working out objections. It would be better if for each objection you are able to find 3-5 answers with arguments of different "strengths".
A few tips in brief:
- Record and memorize;
- Use the property-benefit rule in your responses, as in a product presentation;
- Do not try to focus only on logic: not every answer should be logical, especially in cases when it comes to communicating with "equal in rank." The stronger your position in relation to the interlocutor, the less logical your arguments may be;
- If the client is very loyal, then use weak arguments in the conversation, and then strong ones. At the end of the conversation, the strongest arguments;
- If the customer is of average loyalty, then first use average argumentation, then weak, and at the end the strongest;
- If the client is not loyal, then use the strongest argument at the very beginning, and then constantly seize the initiative to twist the whole essence near this argument
Options for closing a deal
At what point is it time to bring the conversation to a close?
- Verbal signs:
- Perhaps it suits me.
- Yes, I like it.
- It suits me.
- Why not.
- Good offer.
“I like your suggestion.”
- This is exactly what you need.
- We will not lose time.
- Well, it remains only to draw up a contract?
- Making out?
- Well, persuaded?
- As I understand it, all issues have already been discussed. Send contract?
- Pay by bank transfer or cash?
- Send documents to your company or buy as a physical. face?
“Will we start work at this or at the beginning of next week?”
- How much time do you need to prepare the documents, as you think?
- What do you think, how quickly can you transfer the money?
- Do you think you have time to pay by the end of the week?
- You come up with 5-10 options for establishing contact and use any of them to choose from;
- Create a list of typical needs and come up with 3-5 open questions that should allow you to determine the needs of the client;
- Create a list of benefits that can overlap the needs from the list in the second paragraph, use these benefits according to the situation, using the “property-benefit” combination;
- Create a list of objections, come up with several options for arguments of different "strengths" for each objection from the list. You can use the TOP objections (the first 10%) when presenting the product in order to forestall future objections;
- Finish the transaction as soon as you feel that the client "inside" already agrees. Summarize the essence of the conversation, using your own or proposed formulations, incline to the target action. I recommend creating a list of 10 options relevant for your industry to complete the transaction and test each of them.
How to get around the secretary
Personally, I divide the methods into “honest” and “tricky”. The former involve convincing the secretary with logic and argument, while the latter involve tricks and lies. I’ll immediately make a reservation that I prefer the second option, since it is more effective (more than% of successful “passes”) and takes less time. It is about the tricks that I will tell. For the most part, secretaries are asked to drop the offer to them in the mail, at which the conversation ends. By the way, if you ask to associate you with the right person and transfer something to him, it is extremely rare for the secretary to really transmit something, and not just connect, but if he does, the person you need instantly forgets about it.
How to find out the name of the decision maker
- You can pretend that you have already worked with the director and that you have another contract:
- Connect me with the director, Vasily Petrovich * come up with any name *, we have another contract here.
- Yes, a second (if you know the name) / Actually, his name is Gennady Petrovich.
- Yes exactly. I constantly forget. Connect with Gennady Petrovich.
- Now connect.
- Pretend that the director himself wants to work with you:
- My name is Kim Sargsyan, Videolom Video Studio. Connect me with the director, we want to clarify the information in the contract that he sent us. By the way, remind his name?
- Yes of course. His name is Gennady Petrovich.
- Play as a simple performer who works for the director on a personal behalf:
- Connect me with * the wrong name and middle name *. He asked to be contacted personally with him if we had problems with the work that he entrusted to us.
How to contact the director if his name has already been clarified
- Pretend (if you need to pretend) a very important person to whom everyone is obliged:
- Connect me with the * name of the director * and say that Kim Sargsyan calls him, he will understand.
- You can also pretend that your call is already waiting:
- Gennady Petrovich is waiting for my call under contract No. 23123214, which we discussed yesterday. Bind me to him, please.
- Pretend that you have a serious conversation and that the director knows you:
- Connect me with Gennady Petrovich, we have an important business with him. Say that Kim Sargsyan is calling, he will understand.
- Pretend to be a longtime friend of the director:
- Contact Genka, we need to reconsider working issues, he is in the know. Say Kim is calling.
If you have your own blanks that work (all the blanks above work, I made several thousand calls with these blanks) - write in the comments, many will be interested.
In the next part (4 of 4):
- 36 common mistakes of sales managers + solution to each error