Selection: 40+ useful tools, resources and research on working with email
In our blog on Habré we often write about the creation of mailing lists - HTML and CSS typesetting, working with plain-text messages and describe interesting experiments. Today we bring to your attention a selection of useful resources, tutorials and studies in English and Russian languages dedicated to working with email.
- Blog - Campaign Monitor: A blog about developing and improving email newsletters;
- Email on Acid: A blog about the design of marketing letters and the tricks of email marketing;
- Email Wizardry: A mailing list developer blog .;
- Arthur Koch Blog
- Pechkin's blog : On Habré we talk about the layout of mailing lists and related technologies.
2. Templates (Boilerplate)
- Emailology: About using templates for typesetting letters (html and css);
- Ink: A Responsive Email Framework from Zurb: Responsive Email Design by Zurb;
- Litmus: Litmus linker for typesetting letters;
- Automatic CSS-inliner from Pechkin : This utility automatically lists all the CSS that is in your HTML in inline-style. tool
- Bulletproof Email Buttons Litmus: Approaches to creating universal buttons;
- Bulletproof Email Buttons List A Part: An article on how to make email responsive;
- HTML5 Video Background in Email Litmus: A Litmus Guide on How to Embed HTML5 Video in an Email Background ;
- Meet the Ipsums: How to apply the modular design technique;
- The process of typesetting letters - parsing the layout of letters from Sitepoint
- Outlook Conditional CSS MailChimp: Conditional CSS Constructs for MS Outlook.
- Litmus | Discussions: A list of branches in the Litmus community.
5. Sending letters
- Emailonacid: An article about the effect of letter weight on its delivery to recipients.
6. Self-hosted applications
7. Fonts and typography
- Q&A with Paul Airy (Litmus Blog): On the Design of Letters and Fonts with Paul Airy;
- Font Squirrel: Free fonts for writing letters;
- Typekit Practice: Typography lessons;
- How-to: Typography in Email Design
- WhatFont: A service that allows you to determine the font when you hover over.
- How to create forms for subscribing to email newsletters: Errors and solutions ;
- Why plain-text letters are needed, and how to do them: 6 tips;
- How to create an image slider in a mail message;
- How to make interactive tabs in an email;
- Campaign Monitor's “Will It Work?”: Designing a mailing list using CSS and HTML;
- Litmus Our Favorite Responsive and Mobile Email Resources: Tutorials, articles, and email marketing tips.
10. Responsive Design
- Multi-Column Responsive Layouts (Campaign Monitor): Responsive design for mobile devices;
- Responsive HTML Emails: About Responsive Email Design for Mobile Devices
- From Brad Frost's “This is Responsive”: A selection of responsive design sources;
- Responsive Web Design Resources: List of links to articles and websites about responsive design.
11. Data and statistics
- How to create a successful newsletter - trends and statistics on the Runet collected by the Pechkin service;
- The best time of day to send emails (infographic): Infographics on the topic of optimal time for sending letters;
- Deployment Times: A note on when it is best to send emails;
- Email Still Dominates Sharing: Button click statistics (share, read later ...);
- Mobile vs Desktop (infographic): Infographics for the development of design for mobile devices;
- Heatmapping Technology CrazyEgg: A web-based tool for creating a heat map of a site.
12. Other tools
- Litmus Scope: A tool from Litmus for creating a web version of an email;
- Emmet: A set of plugins for various popular text editors;
- FFFFallBack Bulletproof Web Typography: A tool for working with texts, fonts and their design;
- HTML Tidy: Correction of errors in HTML and improving the appearance of layout;
- Sublime Text: Cross-platform text editor.