PHP Digest number 141 (October 1 - 15, 2018)
Fresh selection with links to news and materials. In the release: PHP 7.3.0RC3, CodeIgniter 4.0.0 alpha1 and other releases, 62% of the sites work on PHP 5, video reports from conferences and meetings, a portion of useful tools, and much more.
News and Releases
- PHP 7.3.0RC3 - Another release candidate delivered on schedule . You can read reviews of innovations here , here , here , here , and listen here .
- PHP 7.2.11
- PHP 7.1.23
- PHPUnit 7.4 - Translation of documentation into Russian from lex111 is also available .
- CodeIgniter 4.0.0 alpha1
- 62% of websites on the Internet use PHP <= 5.6 - At the end of 2015, a proposal was made to extend the period of support for PHP 5 to the end of 2018. Nevertheless, more than half of all sites still work on PHP 5.
- RFC: Spread Operator in Array - The draft discusses the ability to add an operator
...for arrays.Hidden text
$parts = ['apple', 'pear']; $fruits = ['banana', 'orange', ...$parts, 'watermelon']; // ['banana', 'orange', 'apple', 'pear', 'watermelon'];
- ricardofiorani / php-legofy - Turns your image into a picture of LEGO cubes.
- mougrim / php-xdebug-proxy - Dbgp Xdebug proxy. More information about using a proxy can be found here . Sent by mougrim .
- alhimik1986 / php-excel-templator - Tool will help to generate Excel-files based on templates and placeholders. Habrapost in support.
- localheinz / composer-normalize - Plugin for Composer, which will put in order composer.json.
- Symplify / ChangelogLinker - The tool will make beautiful and convenient
CHANGELOG.md. Post in support.
- phpecc / phpecc - A library with implementations of elliptic cryptography algorithms in pure PHP.
- offdev / csv - Working with CSV files using streams.
- matthiasnoback / TalisORM - Simple ORM for domain models DDD.
- twirphp / twirp - The port of the Twitch Twirp RPC framework for PHP is still under development.
- slashtrace / slashtrace - Beautiful and informative error pages with support for Sentry, Raygun, Bugsnag aggregators. Alternative to filp / whoops .
- Symfony Week # 615 (October 8-14, 2018)
- Symfony Week # 614 (October 1-7, 2018)
- Symfony 4: HTTP / 2 push and preload
- Detailed parsing of the symfony of the DependencyInjection component
- beyondcode / laravel-tag-helper - HTML tag helpers.
- akaunting / akaunting - Laravel based accounting service.
- Many Laravel sites are running with DEBUG enabled.
- Docker + Laravel = ❤
- mmasiukevich / service-bus - Amphp- based framework for building applications using Saga, CQRS, EventSourcing, Message Bus patterns.
- Drupal release dates - 8.7 - May 1, 2019, 8.8 - December 4, 2019
- WordPress creator Matt Mullenweg shared a plan on WordPress 5.0
- Interesting analysis of the use of eval () in PHP applications
- About testing repositories
- 5 types of test doubles and how to create them in PHPUnit
- How to create fixtures and avoid common problems
- TDD in PhpStorm and autostart tests
- How to add code to PhpStorm for PSR-11 containers
- Concatenation vs. sprintf vs. Interpolation - What do you use to combine strings and variables?
- Stateless Services - An old, but still relevant article on why services should not store state.
- PHP Excel Templator (PHP template for Excel) or as we wrote hardcode for Excel before
- Machine Vision: Install, configure and use Google Cloud Vision for PHP
- Android applications on JPHP
Audio and video
- Video recordings of reports PHPConf.Asia 2018
- prooph / micro and FPP - less is more - The main developer of the project Prooph Components talks about creating microservices based on prooph / micro and how functional programming and code generation can help with this. Sent by @dmitrybalabka .
- Maximum PhpStorm
- Podcast Three Devs & A Maybe: Symfony Apps on AWS Lambda
- Tutu PHP Meetup # 2: Video Speeches
- Five minutes of PHP Release # 40 - Continue targeting switch - In PHP 7.3, if you write continue without the number 2 inside the switch inside the loop, you will receive Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use “continue 2”? We understand the situation.
Thanks for attention!
If you notice an error or inaccuracy - please inform the PM .
Write questions and suggestions by mail or twitter .
Search links for all digests
← Previous release: PHP Digest number 140