Overview of the most interesting materials on data analysis and machine learning No. 35 (February 9 - 15, 2015)
I present to you the next issue of a review of the most interesting materials on the topic of data analysis and machine learning.
- Online math courses
- How to track every throw in the NBA?
- Data Scientist in 2015 - entertaining infographics.
- Microsoft's computer vision systems are superior to human results - Microsoft researchers recently published a publication in which they describe a developed system that surpasses human results in image recognition on the popular ImageNet dataset.
- Deep learning open source modules for Facebook's Torch library
- 10 things useful in analyzing the data that statistics taught us
- Data Science: Using Python, R, and SQL
- Torch vs. Theano - A comparison of the performance of two popular libraries for Deep Learning.
- Two basic data analysis tools for comparing different data sets
Theory and algorithms of machine learning, code examples
- To recognize pictures, you do not need to recognize pictures
- How to start developing in the field of data analysis - this article from the blog of the popular portal of online learning Udacity can help beginners in their development in the field of data analysis.
- Introduction to Python Data Analysis
- Processing data using R is a good introduction to data analysis using the programming language R.
- Supervised Learning - slides from Sebastian Raschka's lecture: “An Introduction to Supervised Learning and Pattern Classification: The Big Picture”.
- Build a web service using R and Azure Machine Learning
- Visualization of the operation of the principal component method
- Illustration of the operation of the principal component analysis (PCA)
- Neural network using NumPy
- R for Distributed Computing is a report of a recent seminar that focused on the use of the R programming language for distributed computing.
- A brief introduction to Weka
- Deep learning for speech recognition - a list of publications on the use of Deep learning for speech recognition.
- A series of lessons in machine learning and natural language processing. Lesson 2: Probability
Online courses, training materials and literature
- Fundamentals of statistics: just about complex formulas
- Data Mining Specialization at Coursera - On February 9, Coursera, together with the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, launched a new specialization called the Data Mining Specialization.
- Artficial Intelligence by UC Berkley - On February 6th, a very interesting course on the topic of artificial intelligence began on edX: CS188: Introduction to Artificial Intelligence. The course is presented by UC Berkley University.
- The MIT Introduction to Probability - The Science of Uncertainty online course began - on February 3, edX began the next session of the probability theory course, presented by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology: Introduction to Probability - The Science of Uncertainty.
- Book: Learning Spark
- Apache Spark internals - An interesting Apache Spark related video, Dean Chen (Software engineer, eBay) talks about the Apache Spark internals.
- What awaits Apache Spark in 2015 is an interesting video from the recent meeting “What's coming for Spark in 2015”, held at the Databricks office in San Francisco, in which Patrick Wendell from Databricks spoke about Apache Spark's immediate development plans.
- Using Deep Learning for word processing
- Talking Machines: Episode 4: Interview with Hanna Wallach - the fourth episode of the Talking Machines podcast series, in this case an interview with Hanna Wallach (Microsoft Research and Professor, Department of Computer Science, University of Massachusetts Amherst), in this episode topics like scaling, size of data sets and others.
- Machine Learning Using F # —In the next issue of the “The F # Show” podcast, Richard Minerich will talk about his experiences with machine learning using the functional programming language F #.
- Apache Spark continues to evolve beyond the Hadoop ecosystem
- Couchdoop: Couchbase and Hadoop Collaboration
- Data Science News from MyDataMine.com (February 13)
- Big Data News from MyDataMine.com (February 10)
- Best Resources of the Week from Data Elixir (No.22)
- The weekly collection of the best materials from R1Soft (February 13)
- The most interesting materials on High Scalability (February 13)
Previous issue: Overview of the most interesting materials on data analysis and machine learning No. 34 (February 2 - 8, 2015)