PHP Digest number 136 (July 24 - August 6, 2018)
Fresh selection with links to news and materials. In the release: PHP 7.3.0 Beta 1, PhpStorm 2018.2, Composer 1.7 and other releases, PSR-17 standard adopted, Yii 3.0 review, an alternative implementation of the Fiber API for asynchronous applications, a portion of useful tools, and much more.
News and Releases
- PHP 7.3.0 Beta 1 - With the first beta release, the active development phase ends, which means that the list of new features and changes in the 7.3 branch can be considered final. The next beta is expected on August 16th.
- PhpStorm 2018.2
• Improved autocompletion for namespaces
• Structural search and replace
• Custom postfix add-on templates
• Updated interface and touch bar support
• as well as new inspections and other improvements .
- PSR-17: HTTP Factories - A standard has been adopted that regulates the interface of factories for creating HTTP objects compatible with PSR-7 .
- PHP 7.2 is available on the Google Cloud Platform
- PHPUnit 7.3 - Among the changes is the ability to first run the tests that fell in the previous run.
- Composer 1.7.0
- [PHP]: Same Site Cookie - In
setcookie()and other functions for working with cookies, the ability to transfer an array of options, including support for the Same-site Cookie standard, has been added . Implemented already in PHP 7.3.
- [RFC]: Typed Properties 2.0 - The proposal for typed properties was postponed until the next major version of PHP, and in the meantime, Dmitry Stogov published benchmark results for estimating the overhead of this feature.
- spiral / roadrunner - High-performance application server, load balancer and process manager for PHP implemented on Go. Can be used to run PHP on AWS Lambda .
- codeplea / ahocorasickphp - Implements the Aho-Korasik algorithm for searching for a set of substrings in a string. Faster than calling a
strpos()few times, and much faster than calling
- chekalskiy / php-bank-db - Library for identifying a bank by card number. Sent by Ilya Chekalsky .
- igniphp / framework - Lightweight framework with support for PSR-15, PSR-7, as well as running on Swoole .
- spatie / phpunit-snapshot-assertions - A tool for implementing snapshot testing on PhpUnit. Compares test results with previous run.
- elgentos / masquerade - Tool to anonymize information in the database. Out of the box supports Magento 2.
- zendframework / zend-problem-details - Implements support for the " RFC 7807 Problem Details for HTTP API " standard for PSR-7 applications, which regulates error responses.
- formapro / pvm - A powerful library for describing workflow, business processes, and just state machines. UI available for visualization.
- Rican7 / incoming - The library is designed to convert raw input data from any sources into strictly typed structures.
- rezozero / mixedfeed - The library allows you to combine tapes of various social services into one feed.
- KikApp - The tool allows you to write native applications for iOS and Android in PHP. Does anyone have experience using it?
- Symfony Week # 605 (July 30 - August 5, 2018)
- Symfony Week # 604 (July 23-29, 2018)
- LEMP stack with PHP 7 on CentOS 7 + Let's Encrypt on Google Cloud for deploying the Symfony 4 application
- Symphony Moscow Meetup - Symfoniacs - # 15 (Lamoda)
- Review of changes in Yii 3.0
- yiigist.com - Directory of extensions and packages for Yii.
- Migrating a project from yii1 to yii2 through a one-time job
- imanghafoori1 / laravel-heyman - Authorization and validation in natural language.
- tillkruss / alfred-laravel-docs — Search for Laravel documentation with Alfred .
- digitaldreams / laracrud - CRUD application generator according to the existing database scheme. Videotutorial .
- Laravel Nova - Taylor Otwell introduced a paid admin panel for Laravel applications. The capabilities of the tool are described in the blog post and video .
- Laravel application statistics based on data from Laravel Shift .
- Style Guide and Best Practices for Laravel
- concurrent-php / ext-async - An alternative implementation of fiberphp / fiber-ext is being actively developed . In addition to the low-level Fiber API, the extension has additional functionality for managing asynchronous tasks . Sent by @dmitrybalabka .
- PHP Roundtable Podcast # 076: Competitiveness, Generators, and Cortinins
- The book "Learning Asynchronous PHP with ReactPHP" - Now in Russian.
- Never use a type hint array
- About using TOML - an advanced format for configuration files.
- Typical pieces of code in PHP benchmarks - Single quotes against doubles , magic methods, JSON vs XML, exceptions, etc. Analysis of the jambs of similar tests, thanks to FanatPHP for the tip.
- About creating a backdoor in the form of a PHP extension
- Adaptive Waveform for your audio service
Thanks for attention!
If you notice an error or inaccuracy - please inform the PM .
Write questions and suggestions by mail or twitter .
Search links for all digests
← Previous release: PHP Digest number 135