Geotagging: not single cards
On the Internet, the reception of a map of the place where the photo was taken is already quite widespread. In practice, this is implemented in two ways:
- Just by indicating the location on the map, for example, how it is done on Flickr or using the GeoPress plugin for Wordpress
- Extracting coordinates from EXIF'a photos - if they are there
For a long time, a very long time, the idea tormented me - I do not want to show the map. That is, the map is good, but not all. I want to tell the visitor in human language: the photograph was taken in such and such a city at such and such an address. Well, for a very long time I wanted to do this, and in the end I got ready.
Of course, as my “experimental pig” I took my own photo blog - hacking, so complete. A little about how it is organized:
- At the very bottom of the hierarchy is (well, it doesn't!) Wordpress 2.7
- Yet Another Photoblog plugin is based on this Wordpress , which turns the blog into a real photo blog.
- But on YAPB, in turn, the Reflection theme is spinning , globally finalized with a file (almost beyond recognition)
In principle, I am absolutely ready to share all these developments, but ... the code is so terrible that I am just ashamed to post it. Perhaps after some time I will comb it and arrange it in the form of a normal plug-in - if there is interest in this. Then take my leave - and successful frames to you!