Product Management Digest # 7 (March - April 2019)
All materials Product Mindset, report PM Trands & Benchmarks, quarterly report on the mobile market, a startup competition from Visa for 11 million rubles.
Let's start with an interesting definition of what the product manager does, according to Western colleagues:
Product Manager has experience building technical products, who works
across different functional teams and can use data and analytics to plan
and design new features. Gleaming insight for the responsibilities portions, the PM will help drive the development of new features, defining the roadmap based on
customer or business needs, while supporting marketing and
All materials with Product MindSet - videos, mitaps, texts, tasks.
The whole unit economy in one infographic from Binary District + interesting discussion in the comments
Another report on the life of products abroad. Age / gender, countries, salaries, careers, skills, etc. - PM Trends & Benchmarks
Sam Altman, president of Y Combinator, wrote a post "How To Be Successful"
Meeting rules, how to hold meetings 1-1
Product Manager Skills Scheme: The T-Shaped Product Manager 2019 (Part 1 - Core Competencies)
Dmitry Dumik (Chatfuel) gave an interview : on technological entrepreneurship, Y Combinator and awareness
Anya Buldakova collected in one note reviews on all the books that she read in 2018 and a list for 2019.
Summary of speech + audio (eng) Teresa Torres about Product Discovery, an interesting idea of the “Tree of Opportunities and Solutions” (top to bottom):
- What result do we want to achieve
- What opportunities should be used to get closer to this result?
- What solutions help realize these opportunities.
- What experiments can test these solutions?
An article from Tikhomirov why the strategy fails
Custdev Receptions by Rob Fitzpatrick + Brochure
AskMeAnything interview with Oleg Yakubenkov about life, product skills and work
Interesting thoughts from Bill Burnet about life and learning
Super cool stuff about a dream , detailed analysis and 33 tips
Interview with Mikhail Larionov , Circles.is: About Careers on Facebook, Entrepreneurship, Community Building, and Product Thinking
- Russol startups analysis , expert watches, dismantled startups and give tips
- Video from Growth Teams Meetup
- Video from Ecwid CEO 1-1
- Product Camp Spb # 19, sliced videos , all presentations .
- Ilya Mutovin delivered the coolest lecture on mental health, how the head works and how to use it.
- Skyeng hypothesis factory - how to set up the process of generating and testing hypotheses
- Speech by Pavel Levchuk at the last meeting of the Secrets of Growth. Pavel analyzes the advantages and especially the disadvantages of the AARRR funnel from the point of view of understanding how your users behave, finds a number of disadvantages and suggests analyzing the graph of user actions on the service / application.
- LiveJournal 20 years: from personal diaries to a blog platform with AI - Natalya Arefieva, LiveJournal manager
- CJM for strategy and business - Daria Romanovskaya and Maxim Maratovich on the benefits of CJM for business
- How to become a CPO - What skills do you need to further develop? - says Evgeny Emilyanov, CPO Avito
- Carprice: OKR's work on a project example - Roman Abramov from Carprice
- # 38 On the audience , economy, business models and platform growth features with Alexei Zhurba iTunes , SoundCloud , YouTube
- # 37 About product training , fundamental education and responsibility with Andrey Gavak SoundCloud
- # 36 On the digitalization of medicine , the VHI market and sales in b2b with Mark Sanevich, SoundCloud
- # 35 10 myths about product managers or what they should actually do with Alexei Zhurba, SoundCloud
- # 34 About custdev tools , usability tests and hypothesis validation with Mikhail Pravdin, SoundCloud
- # 33 On the industry of personal mobility , the creation of iron products and negotiations with Ilya Sinelnikov, SoundCloud
- # 32 On a systematic approach to business , growth and scaling issues with Vadim Mikhalev
- Visa holds a competition of innovative fintech ideas (prize pool of 11 million rubles)
The digest is also published on my channel in a telegram