Logic - the most interesting news of the gaming and IT industry №11
Friends, we have two news for you: bad and good. Let's start with the bad. Tomorrow is Monday. And now it’s good: today is still Sunday, which means that it’s time to devote a few minutes of your time to get acquainted with the most interesting and important news from the world of the gaming and IT industry. So, sit back and we begin.
Games, games, games and some more games ...
- Buy Elephant - a selection of all the latest discounts on games for PS3, PS Vita, Xbox 360, Steam, iOS and Android.
- On March 27th, the 13th annual Game Developers Choice Awards will take place - the selection of the best games and developers of 2012. Voting will take place among workers in the gaming industry.
- Microsoft has published a list of the most popular Xbox Live games of the past year, namely: Xbox Live, Games for Windows Live, Xbox Live Arcade and indie games for Xbox. For your attention, the list is provided below.
- When pre-ordering the game, Grand Theft Auto V noticed a similar record, “Estimated ship date: 03/24/2013,” which may indicate the release date of the console version of the game.
- Impressions of Tomb Raider: “Not so long ago, at the office of 1C-SoftKlab, I was lucky enough to try out a rather extensive demo version of the restart of the Tomb Raider series, which promises to be released in March this year. Showed a single player campaign ... "
- The German online store Amazon has appeared 10 of the popular shooter Call of Duty. An interesting fact is that in the declared platforms only PCs are listed.
- Boxing art of the new game The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct, which was made based on the eponymous series by Terminal Reality, appeared on the Internet .
- Collector's Edition of the game Splinter Cell: Blacklist will include a game disc, comic book, additional game content and a radio-controlled aircraft.
- Game publisher Ubisoft has announced that the first episode of additions to the game Assassin's Creed 3 will be released on February 19th. The addition is called The Tyranny of George Washington.
- Capcom showed off the collector's edition of Resident Evil: Revelations, which was announced for the PS3, Xbox 360, PC, and Wii U.
- The Creative Assembly has announced the "golden" edition of the game Total War: Shogun 2.
- Ubisoft, as we already know, bought the THQ Montreal game studio at auction, as well as the rights to release a new project from Obsidian - South Park: Stick of Truth.
- Sony has presented four versions of the collectible edition of the game The Last of Us, which will appear on store shelves as early as May 7 of this year.
Beta tests: this is not to be missed ...
- Crytek game studio and Electronic Arts have announced the date of the extended open beta testing of the multiplayer mode of the third part of the action shooter Crysis, which will be held from January 29 to February 12 on all gaming platforms.
- Sony Computer Entertainment Europe announced that on January 22, the open beta of the game DUST 514, a free multiplayer online first-person shooter, was launched.
- Bethesda Studio has opened accepting applications for beta testing of its MMORPG The Elder Scrolls Online. You can leave a request for participation on the official website of the project.
Stories, interviews, scandals ...
- The auction that sold all of THQ's assets ended . Let's see what projects were purchased by other gaming companies.
- The head of the Ubisoft Montreal game studio, Yannis Mull, is waiting for the start of work with Patrice Desile, who is the former creative director of Assassin's Creed and Prince of Persia. Patrice Desile returned to Ubisoft due to bankruptcy of THQ.
- Koch Media representatives gave their first comments after they bought THQ's assets. Leaders do not regret that they gave $ 28.1 million.
- Rockstar said it will sue Frank Darabont, director of The Green Mile and Escape from the Shawshank, if he does not change the name of his new LA Noir series, which was shot based on the novel of the same name by John Bantin.
- Cliff Blezinski managed to get bored without the gaming industry. In a recent interview with VentureBeat, Cliff spoke about his plans for the future, where he noted that he would like to return to creating AAA projects.
- The game studio teamPixel began raising funds on the IndieGoGo service in order to buy back the rights to Homeworld from THQ. An interesting fact is that SEGA bought Relic, but decided to leave the rights to the Homeworld game series THQ.
- Commissariat of Britain, which deals with the protection of personal data, wrote a fine of Sony for the fact that in 2011 there was a hacking the PlayStation Network.
- Microsoft hired a designer, Andrew Kim, who worked on a new minimalist company logo last year and presented a design concept called “The Next Microsoft.”
- In a conversation with reporters of the EDGE portal, Cevat Yerli said that the PC “overtook a generation” of the Xbox 360 and PS3. Yerli said the developers are focusing on creating console games, which is hampering the development of PC games.
The most interesting of the blogs ...
- " Turkeys " - a weekly news commentator, acquainting you with the most interesting events of the indie industry. Also here you will find out all about the most interesting gaming updates and upcoming releases.
- Comics. A lot of V for Vendetta comics.
- Geek Week is a video digest of the most interesting gaming industry news of the past week.
- Testimonials from our bloggers on DMC: Devil May Cry can be read here and here .
- Long life Megaupload. Long live Mega!
Thanks for attention! Read Gamersweb.ru and tell your friends and acquaintances about our site! Do not forget to subscribe to us on Twitter and Vkontakte , we will soon draw a very famous game there :)