Ogre3D 1.7 Cthugha release!
At the end, the long-awaited release of the open source render engine Ogre3D 1.7 Chtunga was released.
The main changes in this thread can be found on this page . Download source from svn .
You can download precompiled SDKs for different platforms here.
The new version has many wonderful additions:
- The system for launching demo applications has been completely redesigned. Almost all the examples were rewritten for new features.
- The engine officially switched to the MIT license.
- The developers abandoned the use of zip archives and switched to 7zip archives. (immediately used tar.gz)
- One of the main features is the new Terrain plugin (see screenshots and change history on the forum ).
- The new RTSS runtime shader system , where code generation is performed on the fly.
- Improved compatibility with 64-bit systems.
- For compilation under Windows, a project for Visual Studio (sln) has been added.
I want to remind you that several high-level projects have been written on this engine: Torchlight, MotorM4X, Zombie Driver, Venetica.
Under cat, the main features of the engine.
Composer: Bloom + HDR