CLRium # 5: Garbage Collector. Largest .NET Workshop
Our seminar is confidently gaining listeners and the EPAM office in St. Petersburg is gradually growing: we plan to recruit up to 250 developers under one roof both in St. Petersburg and in Moscow. And why?
Once I made a report on the work of the Garbage Collector, and although this report was 45 minutes long, it covered all the topics that were known at that time. You probably saw him: he was at CLRium # 2 and at the .NEXT conference, where he was a key-note. Conference opening report ( many thanks to 23derevo and real_ales for the opportunity). In addition to mine and many other reports, the book Under the Hood of .NET Memory Management was published., shedding light on the working algorithms of the engine compartment of the .NET platform. And at about that time, when interest in the CLR engine grew so much, questions about this very GC started to appear at interviews. Not superficial questions, but with a slight bias in "tell me more." And although such questions caused a storm of indignation among specialists, those people who spoke in detail about the core were without a problem hired . Often, with a good increase in salary .
Today, you have essentially two ways to become # 1 priority for your employer:
- Find a month or two and read the book Pro .NET Memory Management
- Go to our seminar and understand everything in one day. Plus get videos to refresh your memory later
CLRium # 5: Garbage Collector will be held April 13 in St. Petersburg and April 20 in Moscow , and all the details are under cut
Our seminar is that rare case when knowledge without any water will flow into your head throughout the day. When you begin to know a lot more people you are talking to. After all, this information is scattered all over the Internet, and it will be told only once: only at our seminar.
10 reports. Exclusively about the core . 6 of them - only about the memory management subsystem.
What specifically will be discussed?
- Allocation of memory: all stages of this interesting process
- All phases of the GC's work (on a 45-50-minute report per phase. So much about the GC will not be allowed to speak at any conference).
- We will also talk about System.IO.Pipelines . Natalia Tsvilih, my colleague, will tell you a lot about this interface.
- I will also address the CLR MD issue . In the past of CLRium, I did a great intro. Now - let's talk in detail.
- And much more.
I hope the program turned out great: we work on polishing it every day.
For St. Petersburg and Moscow you can buy a ticket. It costs only 3,000 rubles. And it includes food and videos. Also available online: such a ticket costs 1,500 rubles. But through online not to talk with colleagues (and you can’t sit in front of the monitor for 10 hours in a row).
You can go to us as a team: we accept payments from legal entities. persons. All you need is to follow the link and register.
- The official website of the seminar: clrium.ru
- Stanislav Sidristy, speaker and author of the book .NET Platform Architecture (in Russian, English and Chinese)
- +7 (921) 948-16-08 (St. Petersburg)