Video broadcast on your site that works
Creating a video surveillance system "Line", we have developed a powerful tool for online broadcasts. On Habré, this topic remains consistently popular: it described in detail both ready-made solutions, and cases on creating an online broadcast server. We decided to go ahead and are going to arrange a stress test for our service and experience the legendary habraeffect. And along the way we will tell about the most interesting broadcasts over the past six months.
What can the Linei online broadcast service do?
Briefly about six distinctive features of our repeater:
1. The ability to use elements of existing video surveillance systems to create broadcasts. You can connect to the service using equipment from third-party brands.
2. Receive video from any IP cameras or DVRs with RTSP support. If you want to broadcast analog video from AHD-, TVI-, CVI-cameras, we recommend our DVR "Line XVR", about which a review was published here not so long ago.
3. Translation from sites where there is no possibility to get a “white” IP address. Our TURN-service will help you connect to a remote video server at no additional cost to an external IP.
4. The server version of the software "Line" is suitable for installation on both Windows and Linux. In addition, the electronic license key allows you to install a video surveillance system on virtual servers.
5. Want to test the service right now? Use the free trial version of the Line software . It allows you to connect up to 16 IP channels and has only one limitation - the lack of recording archives.
6. Free service "Line. Repeater". It allows you not only to distribute video stream to a larger number of clients, but also to hide the real IP address of the server from the viewer.
Connect the camera. What's next?
- The system can transmit RTSP-, RTMP-, HLS-, MJPEG-stream and individual frames.
RTSP is most often used as a source stream for analytics.
RTMP is used less and less, but it remains the only way to organize broadcasting for users of outdated browsers.
HLS, developed within the walls of Apple, has become the main solution today.
M-JPEG is an outdated method, along with RTMP allows you to create an “all-terrain vehicle” for all browsers.
Separate frame - the current frame from the camera in JPEG format, which can be used as a poster broadcast.
Examples of links to streams:
rtsp://login:password@IP:9784/cameras/0/streaming/sub- the second stream RTSP;
http://login:password@IP:9786/cameras/0/streaming/sub.flv- The second stream in the format of Flash Video;
http://login:password@IP:9786/cameras/0/streaming/sub.m3u8- the second stream in the HLS format;
http://login:password@IP:9786/cameras/0/image- a separate frame.
- With the help of the “Reactions” tool, flexible adjustment of video broadcasting is carried out. For example, you can specify the working time of the camera, and it will be active only during the day. Or you can monitor the video stream with the ability to inform about the loss of the signal from the camera by e-mail.
All these features are available even when using the free version of the system. In the commercial version opens access to the video archive.
To ensure the safety of your data when broadcasting video and restrict access to the server, nginx is the best front. It can be used not only as a caching server, but also as an authorization server, using the ngx_http_secure_link_module module.
Growing blue tit online
The most interesting cases, as usual, are not commercially expensive projects. This story is about an enthusiast with a camera, bought by Aliexpress, which is interesting to watch birds.
It all started with a bird feeder outside the window and an old webcam. And after a while he collected a sinichnik with a video surveillance system and a live broadcast on birdhome.ru.
The whole city live
Another vivid example of using our broadcast service is the site of the municipality of the Turkish city of Ordu .
20 cameras around the clock broadcast from the streets of the resort on the Black Sea. Here, residents of the Horde are watching the life of their city in real time: they monitor the situation on the roads and city events.
Also, this site is the hallmark of the resort, where tourists can see the city in real time before making decisions about the trip.
Broadcast vs habraeffekt
We invite you to take part in a small experiment - to test the service using habraeffect. Click on the picture and the translation will open in a new window. In the name of the camera you will see the number of users per day. Stable work of the broadcast, which is not afraid of even habraeffekt, provide 20 data centers around the world, five of which are located in Russia.
No time or opportunity to create your own broadcast?
The online broadcast service rtsp.me allows you to create a broadcast in one click. All you need is to simply enter the RTSP URL of the video camera and the mail to which your login and password will arrive to control the broadcast.
In the admin panel you can:
- see the statistics of views;
- add camera name and advertising link;
- add information about HD-stream;
- turn on sound support;
- limit the time and days of work;
- restrict access to specific users.
Subject to the placement of our logo service is free.
With the help of rtsp.me, hundreds of online broadcasts are operated on the websites of hospitals, shops, car repair shops, construction sites, stadiums, kindergartens, management companies.Пишите в комментариях о ваших реализованных трансляциях, с какими трудностями вы сталкивались и на что нам обратить внимание при дальнейшем развитии сервиса.